Chapter 20

Both boys are on the floor in a matter of seconds and I have no idea who is winning or who has the upper hand. One second Aiden has Ian pinned against the floor and the next Ian is the one holding Aiden.

Too much back and forth and not enough brain cells to keep up with the connected punches and near misses.

This is definitely one of those moments that will replay over and over in my head with different scenarios of the things I should've done and the things I could've done.

I mean, I could've just walked away when Ian told me to. I shouldn't have spit all the alcohol in his face. And I should be doing something to stop them from killing each other.

I didn't exactly want to go between them. But I also didn't want to be a witness to murder, especially since I don't know which murder I will be witnessing. And adding to the fact that I inadvertently caused it, doesn't really add the cherry on top.

"Stop!" I yell, not knowing what else to do. No one was exactly ready to take the risk of becoming an unnecessary landing pad to their punches, so obviously I was left with no choice but to risk my own face and sanity. "Is everybody seriously just gonna watch?"

Most of the spectators chose to cheer on the fight by clapping and yelling words towards them as if Floyd Mayweather was one of the fighters and this was one of his boxing matches.

You've got to be kidding me.

I know I deemed jumping between them out of the question, but what else was there to do.

I glance towards Emily to see if maybe she had a clue on what to do, but she's equally as dumbfounded as I am. You would think that someone who has something to loose on both sides, would spring into action or at least do something, but she doesn't.

I mean, on one hand she has her boyfriend and on the other she has her brother.

Well, I guess she looses whether she chooses to do something or not.

I could stand here and judge everyone about not doing anything, but that would just make me a hypocrite... right?

Damn, I wish I was smarter human.

I grab onto Aiden's bicep, who had now managed to flip Ian on his back again, and with strength I had no idea I contained within my 5'4 frame I pull him completely off him. He stumbles back, safely landing on one of the couch cushions. At first he's equally as shocked as I am, but within seconds he masks it with the only emotion he knows how to give me.

He moves away from me as if my very touch was acid on his skin.

Unbothered by his obvious retreat, or trying not to be, I go towards Ian who had already picked himself up with the help of one of the guys.

Now they intervene.

They all start to gather around them and stand between them like a human wall, obviously not wanting any type of repeat.