Chapter 8

We arrive at a beat down diner, complete with what many would consider 'retro' signs advertising the dinner specials and cracks that accentuate the history of the building

He let me borrow his sweater to help warm me up, or as he put it, 'to stop my whining'.

A complete keeper, please note the sarcasm.

I'm just glad the hoodie was large and long enough to cover up the ragged up shirt and dirt stained jeans.

And it definitely didn't hurt that it smelled amazing.

He holds the door open and I'm immediately engulfed in the mouth watering aromas floating through the air. The menu is written in black chalk above the cash register, adding to its authenticity. There are booths against every open window with tables scattered about.

I'm completely awestruck as I watch the workers prepare the food in plain sight.

It's almost like a smaller family-owned version of In-In-Out, except their menu didn't stop at burgers and fries.

Where has this place been all my life?

"Are you trying to seduce me?" I ask him glancing at the various options, "because, let me tell you, it's working. How did I not know this place existed?"

He chuckles, probably amused with my reaction. "It might be due to the fact that they've barely been open a month."

He places both our orders and we decide to take it to go. This place was packed to the brim, so the chance of finding a table was out of the question.

As we wait for our number to be called, I let my eyes wander at the various frames and souvenirs decorating the walls.

This will definitely be my go to place when I'm too lazy to cook. I just hope the burgers are as good as I'm imagining them in my head.

Catching sight of a certain black haired girl, it isn't hard to guess who the person sitting across from her is. 

My mood does a quick 180 as I stare at her smiling face, showcasing her perfectly straight teeth and high cheekbones.

Large frames are perched up on her nose and a rose colored dress adorns her petite form.

Fuck, of course she had to be cute.

Karma was sure having a sweet time finding creative ways to torture me.

If she keeps this up, I might find myself begging my dad to let me go back to Florida. Even if the last time I spoke with him hadn't exactly been pleasant.

"Shit," I whisper underneath my breath and turn around to face Ian only to notice he's already staring at me. Heat meets my cheeks and I can't decide if it's Ian's presence lighting them on fire, or the jealousy bubbling up inside of me from seeing the happy couple.