Chapter 21

"I thought I'll find you like this" Kath said walking inside my room, shaking her head and plopping onto my bed. I was sitting like a statue on the windowsill. Too much preoccupied to even acknowledge her stint.

"You look drunk babe" She nudged as she couldn't get any reaction from me.

I sighed finally opening my mouth, "Yes I am". I could not help but grin widely.

"So, you and Zack huh?" She blinked waiting for my reaction.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head slowly as a loud scream filled the room, probably waking up the neighbours. I had to jump in and shut her mouth.

"Stop it will you?" I tried to reason with her unable to stop my own smile.

"Oh my freaking god. I am over the moon for you girl" Kath shouted.

I couldn't help but laugh along with her. And that is how the night went on remembering those misty kisses and glistening eyes...

---------------------

I was nervously smoothening my shirt and hair occasionally. Never in my life had I travelled with such feelings.

I must say that my heart exploded when my Philosophy professor whom I thought hated me for life, called me and told that he wanted to drop me off in my aunt's home.

I was nervous and had the jittery feelings all over my body when I boarded his car to leave for my vacation.

"It feels surreal, isn't it?" He asked me now starting the car. We were now riding in his car.

I turned to look at him, he was wearing his casual T-shirt and jean today making him look like a college boy rather than a professor.

Last evening when we were talking, he told me that he wanted to meet me again tomorrow. But I told him about the vacation plan my dad had planned. And I must say he felt sad and was not happy about it.

So, he asked much to my surprise, to let him drop me off in my aunt's home. I mentioned that it would take around four hours to reach their and he was very much pleased by that fact.

I tried to come back to the present to answer his question before he thinks of me as an insane person. "Yes, it is. I have never imagined doing something like this" I said now looking at him.

"Neither do I. But I am so happy that we are" he said and took my hands in his. And as if on cue my whole body reacted to it by making my heart jump out of its place.

Oh please. Stop overreacting my dear organs.

Our hands entwined perfectly and the warmth of his hands were so comforting for me. This is where I belong...

We stopped a bit for coffee on the way, and Zach took my hand as soon as we were out of the car. I could see girls giving me the stares walking around with this handsome human.

He left me to get our order. As I was drooling over him watching the menu my phone rang. It sounded so loud and distant after the two-hour ride with him.

I fished out my phone from the pocket to see that it was an unknown number.

"Hello" I answered it to find that it was my dad at the other end. My parents had landed yesterday and went straight to my aunt's home. Its been many years since they met and they had a lot of catching up to do.

He informed me that he is sending my aunt's son whom I have never met before to pick me up from the dropping point. I had told my father that I am hitching a hike from a friend until the place. I shuddered at the thought of him finding about Zach.