Chapter-11

Almost everything was back to normal. Almost..

Well I had some embarrasing moments here and there...

"Chris's glare when he saw Ranveer giving him me a genuine smile and my reply smile for that monday morning."

" Ranveer's girlfriends making comments behind my back thinking there is something going on between me and him."

"Kath's slap for Ivan when he came bustling 'as if nothing happened' and his priceless reaction after her slap are the common things happened in the last two weeks."

"That must be an interesting way to quote what happened past two weeks Ish"Kath snorted as I blabbled about all these things in the cafeteria. We were waiting for our friends to join us.

"Interesting? You mean weird?" I asked her bleakly.

"Come on Ish. How many times are we going to have such situations? Life is full of drama" She swirled her fingers in the air and smiled.

"Drama can be fun to watch. But not when you are a part of it" I responded shaking my head.

"Hey Ishaani. Do you mind if I sit with you today?" My head jerked up from the table at the request.

I looked at him completely baffled. He's never been the one to ask permission's before. That's why he got a handful of lecture from me last monday when he forced himself within our group. Maybe he's learning.

But today I have invited Chris to have lunch with me. And having Ranveer and Chris in the same table is not a good idea. I don't know what exactly happened between these two but they seemed to have a very bad temper when the other is around. I actually like Ranveer as a friend and I like Chris even more than that. So its my first priority to bring them together.

"Um Ishaani?" I lifted my head at the sound of it and Ranveer stood in confusion. I have been having these thoughts without realising that he 's waiting for me.

"She can be a little preoccupied at times RV. You can sit" Kath made him sit before I can say something. I could feel burning glares from Ranveer's girlfriends. He gave me a smile but soon followed my gaze back.

"Ishaani. Dont mind them. They are just.." he struggled to finish that sentence "jealous" he said it more like a whisper.

"Why are they jealous of me? I didnt steal you from them. And that's why I hesitated to make you sit here" I responded to him with a frown.

He sighed before answering, "I know. They are my friends too. But they seem to have a different meaning for friendship"

I was confused so Kath spoke for me, "Oh my god. Dont tell me they think you have something for Ishaani. Its been only two weeks since you guys started talking" she mumbled too quietly.

"Yeah that's exactly what they think. But I have made it clear. Anyways forget about them I'll deal with it later. So how was your day?" I looked at him with shock. Is he really the person who made my life hell last week in college? But the guy who's sitting next to me seems more friendly. I have started to look at him more like a person than my fictional enemy. His long lashes which fell over his chin whenever he looked down made him attractive. Even his chisled jawline looked manly.

I realised he's waiting for an answer when I ogled at his face, "Umm. Yeah it was good. No detentions yet" I giggled and realised it too late that he would have felt bad.

He looked at me his face inreadable, "I am sorry you had that detention last week Ishaani. Its my fault completely"

"Its fine. I didnt know you then" I replied earnestly. I am starting to like him day by day.