Chapter 2

“There you go lazy dog. Wake up.” Kath pulled the duvet out of my body which made all the parts of exposed parts shiver in cold.

I grumbled in my breath and placed my head below the pillow making room for it alone.

“Ishaani; wake up girl it’s almost time.” I can feel that she was standing near my bed and yelling at me.

“Go away. Let me sleep for a minute please.” I mumbled inside the pillow.

“Seriously? You have only 20 minutes to get ready and reach school.” She said and those words came swirling like an echo. Realizing the fact I jumped out of the bed.

“Really are we late.” I asked her my voice still coarse from sleep..

“Not 'we' honey. It’s just you. I am completely ready.” She made me notice that she had already gotten ready and waiting for me.

 “Five minutes. I’ll be there.”

Rushing into the bathroom I had the quickest shower and put on a little bit of makeup which I meant a little lip gloss and mascara. I don’t want to look like a zombie on my first day of school.

 I grabbed a new pair of black t-shirt I bought yesterday and put on my blue denim jeans with it. Stuffing the books into my bag and wearing my flats I jogged into the kitchen hoping Kath would have made some breakfast for me.

“Here you go.” She handed me a cup of juice along with a slice of bread with peanut butter.

“Oh what will I do without you Kath? You are the best” I said hugging her by the side and having my bread. Gulping the juice in one sip I sprang out of the room.

“Did you lock the door?” I rolled my eyes at her.

 “Of course I did. Now come on run as fast as you can.” I patted her shoulders as we marched towards our campus.

Thank god we were on time. This might be the third time I am visiting this campus. It was very huge that it reminded me a lot of My England College. Except you don’t get to see a lot of English accents here.

“Ah Ish. I think we have to get our schedule first.” She said pointing to the notice board which had all the instructions for freshers.

“Ohh. Then I have to be alone huh?” I asked pouting my lips.

“Don’t worry Ish. You’ll do fine.” She assured me. It’s the first time I will be alone; she had accompanied me in all other situations.

“Yeah let’s hope. I’ll meet you at the cafeteria after class” I said and took my steps towards my department; While Kath went to her department building.

I looked at the building standing in front of me gigantically. No wonder this university has been functioning for a long time. As I was about to enter my phone started ringing making me frown since I already know who the caller is.

“Dad?” I asked him slightly irritated since I know its past midnight in India and what the hell is he doing being awake at this hour.

“Ishaani. Have you reached the campus safely?” He asked me the obvious question.

“Yeah Dad. I am good.” “Have you taken your books? Have you...” I didn’t let him finish.

“Dad. Everything is set. Go to sleep. I’ll call after class ends.” I said assuring him.

“It’s just. Never mind Call me when you reach home” he said softly before ending the call. Something’s never change.

I felt bad for yelling my Dad. Sometimes he goes beyond limits in caring for me. But it’s better this time.