Chapter-12

Raindrops patted the shields of my window. The calm constant beat made me sleepy. It was surprising that it rains when all you can see daily are large banks of snow. My view shifted to the pathway of the road where rain washed away all traces of snow dominating its presence. To my admiration sun's rays tried very hard to penetrate the large clouds forming a pleasant rainbow. My favourite since childhood. It made me feel warm and my heart at ease.

I should'nt have left the classroom like that. I should have confronted him then and there. But that would have led to the detention of my friends. I sighed thinking I will not like that. Even if I squeezed my mind I could not find even a single reason for him to hate me this much. He's never like this to others. I have seen him talking friendly to Ashton a big bluff in our class who never shuts his mouth. But he just glares at him in class and I dont even remember him having one detention. I even remember Cindy getting caught for trying to kiss Andrew. But he gave her a brief talk. That's it. Not a cold glare whenever they meet. Unfriendliness always. And ofcourse detention at any cost. Fighting with him on the first day and in the supermarket. Was this all about that?. Maybe if I say sorry he might treat me better. But why should I? He's a jerk.

My mind got exhausted because of all the thinking. When did my life become this typical? His coldness makes me even more intriguing. I cant stop but think how manly his face looked when he glared at me. Is it only me? Or will all girls who like a person who hates them face the same dilemma? Whatever minute chance I had has vanished after my step out today.

I didn't notice Kath's arrival into the apartment until she placed a mug of coffee in my hand. I turned to find her reading my face as she sat next to me pulling a bean bag.

"You wanna talk?" Kath asked sipping her coffee staring at the window. The good thing about Kath is she never fails to understand me more than myself.

I sighed sipping my coffee. God that feels great. Hot liquid draining my cold throat making me feel less cranky. "I am planning to drop Philosophy as an Elective" she stopped having coffee and pushed her chair so that its facing me.

"No. I wont let you do that. You know that is the least chance you have to become a journalist like you wished." She shook her head and pleaded with her blue eyes.

"I am not dropping it all together Kath. I'll take it next year. The degree says we can have either year" I shrugged stating my point. Maybe next year I'll have a different professor for that. Usually second years are handled by seniors and Mr.Mean doesnt look like a senior with all those dashing features. Gosh am I drooling over him again. I am hopelessly in ... I stopped my train of thoughts smacking myself for thinking such thing.

"Oh. That's fine. But don't you think he'll figure out that you are skipping it because of him" She stated her words carefully not to hurt me.

"That's the truth Kath. He hates me and he's making my days harder. Look what happened today? I can't spend my days locked in a room thinking about the person whom I have crush with. It pains to see him hate me Kath. Maybe if I dont see him daily that'll change my mind" Finally I spoke everything that's disturbing my mind.

Kath looked baffled by my outburst but soon smiled at me. "I can understand. Even I can't figure out why he hates you though? His demanour changes as soon as he spots you" she finished looking at the window her eyebrows creased.

"You like him" It was not a question. I blushed a little unable to hide it. But no its not going to happen. "Oh come on. Dont lose hope girl. This is the first time in four years I have seen that passionate look in your eyes. I'll not let it go for waste"

I shook my head,"No Kath. My likeness for him will do no good. I'll get over it soon." Even while saying it felt hard. Why do I have to like someone who hates me so much? Why is Love like a war?