Chapter 17

First of all. I sincerely apologize to everyone who have been reading my story previously and was expecting me to update the story. I was too busy with my personal life that I didn't find enough time to think and update my stories. But now I think the old spark is back with me which might help me to progress my stories a little decently, I hope! So here you go with the next chapter of 'War of Love'.

------------------------------------------

"Ishaani?" Ranveer asked with utter disbelief in his eyes. He was looking at Zach and me simultaneously blinking, not completely understanding whatever is going on here. I found Mr.Parker turn rigid next to me as he saw him.

"Hey Ranveer" I said filling the ghostly silence. I have to come up with a quick plan to explain my abnormal proximity with our philosophy professor who seemed to hate me just before a week. I smiled at him for which he smiled back, that didn't reach his eyes.

"What..."he started but I stopped before he could finish. "You too have the same doubt as me, isn't it?" I tried to act thinking it was a project for our drama club and laughed out loud which sounded like a frog gurgling.

"Huh?" He asked and I felt the person next to me tilt his head in my direction for the first time reacting, after the arrival of Ranveer.

"The paper Mr.Parker gave for us last week?" I asked him now pointing my hands on Mr.Parker's direction with raised eyebrows as he tried to remember.

"I had lots of doubt on it" I continued thinking if I stop talking Ranveer might find the loopholes in my story. "And when Zoe mentioned that Mr.Parker is her brother, me and Kath came to his home to clear it all out" I finished hoping Kath would save me by backing me up as the person next to me hasn't even uttered a word and I was so afraid to look at him right now.

Slowly Ranveer's face changed to realization which meant he believed my story "Oh. I saw you over here from Charlie's house. He lives at the end of the block." He said pointing to a brown house at the end of the street and I gulped thinking about the posture we both were when Ranveer interrupted us. Did he find out anything from that?

The stormy breeze took the exact moment to hit us mercilessly as I shivered, owing to the fact my jacket is inside his house. Ranveer moved forward as I distanced myself from Mr.Parker involuntarily. I had the urging feeling of bringing my body closer to his. Ranveer took off his jacket and covered it over me which I was grateful for. I smiled as I put my arms in his oversized loops.

"Is that so?" I was filling the awkwardness hoping somebody would help me out. Finally thinking that he is not going to be of much help I decided to take this on my hands.

"Well..." I said turning towards Mr.Parker finally. His face was not the same as I last saw but had the hard blazing look he has whenever we are in class. But I didn't flinch since I know its because of Ranveer.

"Thanks a lot Mr.Parker. You were so helpful" I said it half smiling and with utmost sincerity, playing my part. But he didn't seem to acknowledge it and was busy staring at the road with a simple nod in his head.

"So shall we go then? I'll drop you off home and we can drop somewhere on the way" Ranveer hoped leaning too close to me with his mischievous smile as usual. I smiled and tilted my head shaking it.

"But I came with Kath, Ranveer" I tried to reason. I had an awesome day today with Mr.Parker. And the memories are worth reliving but I am not ready to spoil that by spending it in someone else's company even my best friend's. And what about him though. His attitude changed as soon as Ranveer came but that doesn't mean he shouldn't even look at me.