Chapter 10

It took hours of consoling to bring back Kath. She was more devastated by the fact she fell for the wrong boy than anything. I have always been there for her just the same as she for me. This is her hard phase and I have to help her overcome it. It's not her fault and she understood the fact soon.

"It's not your fault and never will be Kath. In fact you should be happy that you came to know about him now not later" I raked her hair as her sobbing became mute.

"Yes Ish. What you are saying is perfectly true. I should not be sad and be happy for the fact that I have been escaped from a worst heartbreak. And all the thanks goes to you" She sat from my lap and hugged me. That crisp hug showed her recovery which made my heart feel ease.

"I am so happy that you are normal Kath. I was so worried about you" I surrendered since I was more afraid that she would break badly for this news. But it has always been different for Kath. She's not like us. She gets over from things soon and approaches everything differently.

"Do you really think I would fall for this shit? I liked him that's for sure. But he was not my life. And I am glad that it ended now. Don't you remember what happened on my last breakup?" She tilted her head playfully as those memories flashed back. Us dancing in a petty bar for psychic songs until we tired out and the bar man pushed us out.

A giggle burst out my lips thinking about that,"Oh that was awful Kath"

"Yeah but one thing never changed. It was you who bought me out from my last breakup and it was you this time too. You are my guardian angel Ish" She wrapped her arms sideways in my neck.

"Yeah. But I had loads of help this time" I replied since all credits goes to Chris and Zoe and especially Zoe's Brother. My face flushed thinking about my call with him.

"Why are you blushing for that? Is that something I should know?" She enquired raising her eyebrows. Oh she's definitely normal now. The moment she starts to enquire about me is the moment she's herself.

"It's just Chris was the one who informed me about Ivan when he was inviting me to his home" I replied and bit my lip for too much information.

"Chris invited you to his home?" Kath's eyes bulged out.

"Umm. Yeah but I am not going" I said her and stood to leave since her face was beaming and I know perfectly what she was thinking. She will want me to go there but I am not going to leave her here and go not when she's gone through a lot.

"Why not?" Her face was evasive.

I thought about a quick lie, "I am not feeling well. And I want to take rest" Her maneuver changed soon.

"Oh Ish. I am so sorry that I have been occupied too much that I forgot to ask about you. What happened to you?" She stood near me.

"Nothing just feeling tired Kath" I could literally swallow a dinosaur now but I don't want to go to Chris's home. Something crumpled in the pit of my stomach whenever I thought of it.

"Are you kidding me?" She glared with hands on her hip.

Oops busted. She found out coz she knows me too well. "When did you become such a coward Ishaani?" Full name, great!

"I am not afraid. I am feeling little abnormal Kath. It's just I've known him only for a week. And it doesn't feel right. Maybe some other time". I stated my reasonable response.

She pursued her lips, "Fine. But at least you should call him and tell you are not coming"

"Sure I will". I went towards kitchen to make brunch since its past eleven in the morning. I started to pick ingredients for pasta since my mouth was craving for it all blame goes to the chill weather. The scintillating smell of spices filled my lungs as the pasta rolled in the microwave. I started to fill the glasses with milk in the meantime.