Chapter-9

The next morning I woke up too soon. Maybe because I had lots of work in my plate. First and foremost thing is I should be carefull not to leave Kath alone with Ivan until I disclose her the truth about him.

I sat up in my bed when it was clear that I am not going to get anymore sleep. I had to visit a temple to relieve my mind out of the stress lately. So I jumped out of the bed with a mission to wake Kath up.

After making two cups of hot tea, I made my way to her room. She was deep asleep when I went there with her phone in hand. She might have slept while talking to Ivan.

"Good morning sleepyhead. Wake up wake up" I shook her vigourously.

"Go away its not even morning" She mumbled over her pillow.

"Not in my watch" I shook her again.

"I swear I'll kill you Ishaani Karthick" Ha ha she used my full name. So she's all awake now.

"Get up dear. The tea's getting cold" This bought her attention as she lifted her head and scanned my tea tray.

"You made tea?" She asked now sitting up and took a cup of steaming tea.

"Yeah. I wanted to have tea. And I know that you love that too" I grinned sitting beside her in bed. The morning rays of sunshine started to make its way inside the room in all ways possible. God it feels like eternity since we have sat together and enjoyed nature.

We both talked all about our life back in London and all the fun we had. The one week of hectic college also had its place in our talk.

Suddenly Kath rushed to the washroom handing me the cup. After few minutes she came back very tired holding her head.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I held her and made her sit on the bed.

"I think I'm sick Ish. Last night too I had vommited the dinner"

"Must have been food poison Kath. You lie down I'll get medication and soup" But it was of no use. Even the medicines and soup didn't help her. So I took her to the nearby clinic.

All morning went in clinic and we came home at noon. As soon as we entered I got a call from Cindy. After making Kath lie on her bed I took the call.

"Do you know how long I have been calling you?" She was yelling from the other end as I closed Kath's door and came out.

"I'm sorry. I left my phone at home" I replied to her.

"Where did you go? And did you really forgot everything?" I was confused.

"What? I took Kath to hospital. She is not feeling well"

"Oh no. Is she okay now?"

"Yeah a bit. But she has to rest completely"

"Oh. Then she wont be coming with us huh?" Oh shit I forgot about our plans to Shivani's home visit for her birthday.

"Yeah and I too wont be coming Cindy"

"What? No Ish you should come" she desperately asked me.

"How can you expect me to come Cindy? My best friend is sick. I should be with her incase she gets worse. Say to Shivani that we are sorry for not coming to her birthday"

"Fine" she huffed on the other end.

"Have fun" I replied before ending the call with her.

"It was because of me you didnt go to Shivani's birthday. I feel bad Ish" Kath felt sorry for not making me go. But to be frank I was happy that we didnt go. So that she will be away from Ivan a bit.