Chapter 7

“Where were you? I was ringing you for the past one hour” Kath yelled
as soon as I stepped foot in our apartment.

“I said I was going to be late right?” I replied without emotion as I dropped my bags over the table and went straight to my room.

“I know that. But you don’t go anywhere without me” she didn’t seem to find the tiredness in my voice.

“Shouldn’t I go anywhere without your consent?” I yelled back at her.
This seemed to take her off guard.

“Sorry. I was worried” She whispered which made my heart cringe and all the anger that I had moments ago vanished.

“I am sorry Kath. I had detention” I dropped myself over the bed.

“Detention?” She gasped. Yeah I have been used to that word now. I nodded my head.

“I mean you don’t ever get detentions. You’re a straight ‘A’ student. What kind of fool gave you detention?” she sat beside me in the bed.

“It was our Philosophy professor. And I got detention because of that
moron RV” I grinded my teeth thinking about him. Even the image of him makes me feel sick. I have never loathed anyone like I do him now.

“Ishaani. I am so sorry dear that I was not there for you then” Kath apologized which made me feel very bad.

“It was all my damn luck Kath. Forget about it” I said to her with a small smile in my face.

“Well at least you got detention from the hot professor in our college. It would have been nice to spend time with him right? He's too good looking for his own good” she giggled and looked at my face for a reaction. Eventhough what she said was true my mind couldnt process the fact. It was completely occupied by the thought 'why would he hate me so much?'.

Is it because of the incident near water booth? Or because of the incident in supermarket?

"Ish? Are you here?" Kath's voice bought me back.

"Huh?" I blinked unsure of what she asked.

"Why is that I always find you disturbed whenever there is a mention of him?" Kath eyed me.

"Is it so?" I asked without raising suspiscion much.

"Hmm. Yup" she was not ready to let go of the topic.

"Maybe I too get mesmerised by his looks" I replied digging for a pajama in my wadrobe.

"There is something you are not telling me." She folded her hands over her chest as she eyed me again.

A big sigh left my lips, "I think he hates me Kath. Not just normal hate. He loathes my presence" I spoke a little louder venting out the frustation.

“Why should he hate you Ish? He may have been pissed about your behavior at College and Grocery shop that day. But that doesn’t mean he hates you isn’t it?” she looked at me curiously. And my mind was
swirling with questions. What did I ever do to make him look at me with pure hatred always?

“I don’t think he hates you Ishaani. No one can hate you” Kath reasoned out.

“No one has ever treated me like he does Kath. Guess I'll never get a good grade in his paper" I pursed my lips.

"Dont worry honey. I'll vouch you." She gave me a big grin which made me smile too.

"Get changed and come our fast. I'm making chicken enchilldas"
She sang as she moved out of my room.