09 | Mutual Surprise

•••

•••

Shortly after the shenanigan that Chandni and Rakshan had pulled off, Rukmini arrived along with the makeup artist, telling her the orchestra would arrive later and they went inside, Rakshan immediately liking the experienced Rukmini who knew just how to handle him.

"Hey! The stage's centre is already marked okay?" Rajath told her as she and Rukmini entered the left offstage wing along with Rakshan. Rajath pointed to a small cross made by a white tape in the middle of the stage to which Chandni nodded and thanked him before leaving with Rukmini through the crossover behind the stage, which led to the greenroom.

"Change and call me okay?" The makeup artist told her and hearing about changing dresses, Rakshan left as well making Chandni ask Rukmini to keep an eye on him outside.

Finally alone, Chandni quickly stripped to her bra and panties, and put on her yoga capris, throwing on the blouse and pant of the costume alone.

She was thankful she was alone. She still remembered how it had been during her arangetram. Lots of people, known and unknown relatives had barged in while she was dressing, and even if they were just women, she wasn't comfortable.

And that was the day Chandni lost her will to care about exposed midriffs and cleavage when it came to dance, especially since the costume itself in the end will have her bare waisted and when she bends during dances, it exposes further more, even if minimum.

Hell, Chandni used to be someone feeling exposed with anything less than full pants or full sleeves whenever she was outside her home.

But maybe she spoke to soon, because right when she was buttoning up her blouse, she heard a knock.

"Who's there?" Chandni tried to mumble with her chin almost touching her own chest as she was working on the last hook of the blouse.

The person on the other side heard something that resembled a hum and they opened the door to get in.

Chandni stiffened when she heard the door open, then an exasperated sigh left her lips when she looked up at the person.

Prithvi eyes widened and he couldn't help but check her out; her breasts snug in the blouse, the costume's pants making him want to take another look at her leg and his eyes bugging out when they fell on her bare midriff that showed off her faint abs and the v-line that led to—

Holy fuck! He quickly turned around and mumbled apologies over and over again.

Shaking her head—because she was basically done with this shit happening to her every time but usually with the female gender—Chandni grabbed the towel nearby and draped it around her torso and tucked the free end into the blouse at her shoulder area before declaring, "You can turn now."

Thinking that was quick, Prithvi turned, not expecting her to be standing there with a worn out looking towel that kept herself from transforming into the very image that had gotten imprinted in his head few seconds ago.