32 | Mutual Move-In

•••

•••

"We need a new cupboard." Chandni frowned when she saw what all had been brought over by her new housemate.

"We could try shuffling things?" She suggest, scratching her head, but she was pretty convinced that they did need a new cupboard.

"Believe me Chandni, I'm the best when it comes to space utilisation and still, we definitely need a new cupboard." Aakash asserted with a hand to his hip.

Chandni's cupboard was already brimmed with her clothes and accessories, what with her Bharatanatyam essentials taking up more than average space.

Putting the arrangement of his clothing on hold, they settled with taking care of rest of his stuff that could be given a place.

"I'm thinking that swing could go in the balcony?" Chandni pointed towards the door that lead to the balcony.

"Yeah, but my stomach wants some food in it. Please." Aakash slumped by the empty cardboard boxes and Chandni picked up her phone, settling beside him.

"Feel like Chinese? Got an offer." She suggested but Aakash took out his own phone, not really feeling like eating Chinese food.

"I got offers on Mexican." Aakash frowned along with Chandni.

They ended up calling the vendor nearby and ordered two south Indian thalis that costed merely ten bucks each and burped heartily after having them.

They continued arranging the house and Chandni offered the idea of temporarily arranging his clothes in the other room's cupboards.

The rest of the evening flew by, with accommodating Aakash's belongings, disposing of the cardboards and stowing away of his suitcases.

"Oh shit!" Chandni spoke amidst positioning Aakash's cactus beside her aloe vera, "We're getting late!"

"For?" Aakash turned from where he placed a picture of him and Prithvi.

"The dinner." Chandni mumbled while taking off her top on the way to the en-suite.

Curiosity made Aakash peep at her, but he felt a bit of disappointment when he realised that she wore a camisole beneath her top.

Aakash took a bath as well, in the other bathroom, and he entered Chandni's room, remembering that his clean clothes were still in a suitcase inside her room.

His rational side chided him while his insane side cheered him for that decision because right at that moment, Chandni came out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel on her.

Chandni looked up to see a blob that looked a lot like Aakash did whenever she saw him without her glasses or lenses.

And when his blob froze, she ascertained that she was clad in nothing but a fluffy towel that was thankfully, not-so-embarrassingly, long enough to end by the middle of her calves.