15 | Mutual Confrontation

•••

•••

"What is it that the two of you wanted to talk about? Are you going to want us to fix the dates for—"

"Amma, Appa, wait, please, listen to us." Prithvi interrupted his parents.

"Okay, go ahead." The elder couple beamed, expecting a news that would add an extra family member.

Not that they didn't consider Chandni family already but, just to make things official.

"I think..." Prithvi took a deep breath.

"We don't think we'll work." Prithvi was thankful when Chandni chorused with him.

The smile on the elders' faces fell, "What?"

Maybe doing this at Prithvi's house was a bad idea. Because now they had to face not only each of their own parents but Aakash's as well.

But this was the least Chandni could do when he had requested to do this his way. She messed up, after all.

Thankfully though, Aakash himself wasn't there. He had gone to his friends' place—the soon-to-be wedded couple—to help them pack their stuff so they could move into their own place easily once they were married.

Not that Chandni cared about his whereabouts but...

Ugh fine, yes, she cared! She just didn't feel like openly expressing any feeling towards that asshole except for egoistic-frustration.

"Did she put you up to this Prithvi?" It was Chandni's mother.

"Ma!" Chandni scowled, horrified at the accusation. 

Yes, she deserved that accusation and was entirely capable of doing it but no, this time it really wasn't her.

At least, not entirely.

"No, no, please. It's us. We decided mutually. Over a cup of coffee." Prithvi spoke over his chuckle.

"Prithvi, it's okay you can tell us. This is not the first time she's done this." This time it was her father and Chandni grumbled under her breath about traitors.

Silence ensued once again as Prithvi took deep breaths.

He would've asked for what was it that she'd done to the guys before himself and Aakash but considering he was also at gunpoint along with Chandni, Prithvi refrained from diving into those details.

"We decided together. And we're happy with it. Really."

"Wow, you decided together. So, when's the date?" A sarcastic voice suddenly floated, shocking Chandni.

Wasn't he supposed to be at Janvi's? Or her fiancé's?

"What're you doing here?" Prithvi tensed immediately; he had decided this time knowing that Aakash won't be around now. This wasn't what he expected.