10 | Mutual Date Take #2

•••

•••

This wasn't his first time seeing her in a saree. Heck, in all his years of knowing Anjana, he'd seen her in a saree, a sweatshirt and pants, a kurta suit, her work clothes— Damn, the things her powerful gait did to him whenever she automatically became more bolder and braver when she suited up!

But just like every other time, like a pathetically smitten broken record, he felt himself stuck.

Nothing was suffocating about it though, in fact, he happily gave himself up to get stuck by Anjana. And drown in all of it that was Anjana.

Anjana could feel the rocket-origami crushing within her hold; she was supposed to show it to the kid who was now off her arms, grinning at an elderly couple who praised his performance.

Yet, her hold on the piece of craft wasn't what her mind was on. In fact the only thing on her mind was his hold on her that was so comforting that she couldn't help but slightly lean in when a slight breeze floated by.

Ashwin's hands tightened around her almost subconsciously, both of them looking cozy as they smiled and joined in a random chat between the parents.

They knew very well what it was that was between them. For the past year or so.

And maybe...it was time they came out with it?

But right now they were quite comfortable the way the were in each others' arms rather than sort of separating away to explain their situation and face reality.

Chandni and Diya had just finished talking with Rukmini, her son Rishi—who informed her about a quick academic emergency that had Aisha leaving early—the orchestra, some random people who were among the audience and also Prithvi and his family—except Aakash of course—and bid all of them farewell after which she decided to join her family who stood with Ashwin.

"Whadup matey!" As if jerking them away and slapping them right on their faces, Chandni's voice was heard.

Anjana saw her sister skipping towards them, a palm raised midair for Rakshan to slap.

"So, Thursday or Friday? Shopping." Diya clasped her hands, facing Anjana who now stood at a distance from Ashwin.

"Wait, you are going to come along as well?" Anjana raised her eyebrows.

"Of course. I mean, the point was so that the three of us could wear the same outfit." When Anjana's eyebrows further went up, Diya explained, "We just wanted to do this one last thing together stupidly before y'know like, maturing, and all. Friendship goals."

"That was cringe." Ashwin literally cringed at that.

"Ugh, almost the whole college is gonna be there and we know we would be no match for some people. Solo. But if we're together in it, we'll definitely make a statement." Chandni spoke with a raised finger as if stating statistics.