21 | Mutual Last Day

•••

•••

"Peasant! Get that little box." Chandni stretched her hand out with eyes closed and chin up.

"That's not me."

"Fine. Mr. Say-cheese, get that box."

"Again, not me."

Chandni turned to him with a deadpan look before walking over to take the damned thing herself. Before her hands reached them though, it was taken from the table by his hand and placed on her palm.

When she held the box, the hand didn't let go though and instead, twirled her playfully.

"Kevin!" She giggled, coming to a stop from the twirl. She let go of his hand and went back to applying her makeup.

Kevin and Malcolm had been following them around about things that regarded their dance. They had first taken few pictures and videos of the entire practice at Gayatri's studio. Then separate media of Gayatri and Rukmini were taken along with a little chat with them as well.

The two men spent a hell lot of time with them, but they didn't crowd on them though, giving them space without entirely suffocating their privacy.

Malcolm, though extroverted, was purely professional, as Chandni had come to know from the past few days of hanging out together. 

And Kevin was less talkative, very much so. But when it came to stepping out of professionalism, it seemed as though he unleashed a sleeping Kraken.

"Don't you have to film the others? Or something?" Chandni asked.

"Nope. I will start once everyone's ready. I'm off duty now." Kevin shrugged, settling himself on a stool beside Chandni.

"Uh-huh." Chandni's mouth went in an odd angle when she concentrated on drawing a small white 'v' beneath her tilak bindi.

When out of the corner of her eyes she saw Kevin pointing the lens at her, her reflex worked quickly.

"No!" Her hands went on the lens and the guy wrestled off her hand with one of his, grinning and pointing the camera at her.

"Say hi." He chuckled.

Instead, she showed her middle finger before turning away.

No, this wasn't part of the clip that was probably going to go onto The Swaying Willow's profile or archives about the performers. Just like every day, this was Kevin's daily, healthy dosage of several off-the-records clips.

As if Chandni would flip the bird in a professional video that would be about them and their artform.

"Meanie." He spoke, but the smile was still on his face.

"Kevin listen," Chandni sighed, finishing off her makeup with a tiny black dot of kajal beneath the tip of the white 'v', "Me getting ready here would include me changing out of this practice saree. So, I can't be any blunter but, I want you to G-T-F-O."