31 | Mutual Visit Take #3

•••

•••

When Chandni woke up properly later, it was to the muted shuffling of sheets around her.

Aakash was now rolling on to his back and when he noticed her waking up, he gave a smile and spoke through a yawn, "Good morning."

Chandni brought her hand up for a disoriented salute and turned on her side, burying her face in his neck.

"This is nice." Aakash heard her muffled voice.

"More than nice." He murmured, bringing up a hand and smoothing her hair.

Chandni breathed in and out deeply, liking the way each breath filled her with Aakash's essence, and her lips moved in coordination to her vocal cord before her brain could even comprehend, "Move in with me."

"What?" Aakash moved a little farther and it evoked nervous thoughts in Chandni with the way he was acting.

"I— I mean, it would save time for you. Also, your workplace is closer from here. Saves money, resources, fuel, and—"

"Or, you could just stop with the whole conservationist act and tell me that you want me here." Aakash pulled a bumbling Chandni back to his chest, nudging her chin to get their eyes to meet.

"I'm perfectly capable of living independently!" Chandni scoffed defensively, her eyes still not meeting his tantalizing ones.

She knew she'd succumb to his hypnotizing mismatched eyes, so it was a very necessary safety precaution for her to do so, really.

"I know. I never said that you need me." Aakash leaned down, brushing his lips on her temple after he deduced that she wouldn't meet his eyes.

Was this his way of rejecting gently? Chandni felt her heart hammering, and not in a good way, as she thought about his rejection.

Well, at least the waking-up-to-him part of her morning was nice.

But no, she thought, this wasn't how he'd done when things went south. He hadn't given up.

And now that she'd made up her mind to give inputs from her side, she wouldn't give up either.

"Good that you know that. Now," Chandni overcame the nervousness, grabbed Aakash's shoulders and straddled him, "You should move in with me."

"That wasn't a question." There was underlying amusement in Aakash's tone as he brought his hands to her hips.

"Never said it was." Chandni answered haughtily, but it came out breathless at the way Aakash's lips started fluttering over her skin.

"Let's say, now that we're free to feel and admit things," His lips trailed down her jaw further and her eyes flittered close at the feeling, "I wouldn't like to hide the fact that I'd love to move in with you. But."