015

Year 1981

Year 1981

Mira wakes up with a pounding in her head, huffing she get up to look around, it's her room she processes this much.

"You are finally awake" The familiar voice makes her snap her head towards her right, to fast but she didn't care about that.

"What...why are you here?" She asks as Rocky leans back, he observes her comparing the hazy image he has of the girl in his mind from that night.

He remembers the girl wearing a lehenga, with her hair open and her face didn't had any scars. Now her hair are always tied up, her outfits are all black and not traditional and that scar, that scar on her cheek is unsettling for him.

"It been a while...Meghna"

She freezes, this is the first time he has taken her name. If situation was something else she would have cried her eyes out but it's not so she holds it in her.

"I spoke when I was drunk didn't I"

"Kind of. Why didn't you tell me?" His eyes seem to soften a bit with a pinch of hurt and betrayal in them.

"It's wasn't important"

"It was"

"It was not Ra-Rocky, we only met twice before, we don't know each other"

Her words seem to cut through his heart like a dagger as he purses his lips, looking at her while she looked at anything but him.

"Then let's get to know each other" He said making her eyes widen as she finally looked at him.

"You never told me about you mother, I mean except for your drunk ramble. You are not very fond of her I guess"

The scoff gives him his answer but Mira leans back too, there is no point in denying it instead it will only ease up things for her.

"You can never be fond of a person who literally sent you to the country's most dangerous man just because you didn't behave right"

"Ramika Sen, the most righteous and powerful Prime Minsiter with absolute morals. Lies. She is as power hungry and greedy as anyone of us can be, a strong believer of her morals, her own twisted beliefs"

"She is the most conservative person in this country. For her I was not her elder daughter, I was a girl who needs to be perfect so I can be married off to a good family and use them for favors in future"

She paused, maybe reliving some memory and Rocky gestured something to a servant who came in to tell them something.

"Here" His voice brought her back as he offered her a drink, she takes it from him and downs it in one go.

"No because think, which type of mother would kick her daughter out in the night just because I was late in completing a scheduled task and to think this was my easiest punishment"

"Other times she would just beat me or burn me or something, I don't even remember them. That night when you saved me I decided that I really need to get a standing for myself" She says now picking up the whole bottle and taking a swig.

"But it only turned worst until Suryvardhan stepped in the picture. Just before that old fucker had a heartattack he assured my mother that he will marry me to his elder son after training me"

The way she spoke the word mother made him hiss from the sheer amount of disgust and anger in the voice.

"Of course she said yes because she was promised the chair of Prime Minister, that time she didn't knew much so Guru Pandian was not a opponent to but even after knowing Suryvardhan won't be keeping the promise she made no effort to pull me out of here"

"Remember the day we met for the second time?" She said after a pause and Rocky rushed through his own set of memories.

"In Bombay?"

"Yeah. I was going to leave for KGF that's why I came to Bombay in hopes of finding you, wanted to meet you for the last time"

---------------------◇---------------------