1. Glimpse

Chapter 1: Glimpse

Central Park, New York City.

Amara smiles at the beauty she is seeing today. The famous Central Park really lives up to its popularity. Her moving to New York City seems to be a good decision at the moment.

She sat down on a bench near the lake and close her eyes to feel the morning breeze of summer. Unlike where she used to live, the temperature here is more comfortable. Her thoughts float on the feeling of being able to leave the place she came from. Starting a new life and living comfortably just as she wishes.

The sound of people talking, laughing, shouting, and running can be heard with her eyes closed. Suddenly, she opened her eyes as the feeling of a soulmate mark on her left arm burned slightly, indicating that her soulmate is nearby. 

She immediately hid in the nearest tree and look around the area. Finally noticing a tall, blond, and muscular build man in his late twenties among the crowd frantically looking around for her. She doesn't know what to feel right now. 

"Just great." She mumbled. Just when she thought that her life will be peaceful, life suddenly let her meet one of her soulmates.

Yes, she has an unusual number of soulmates. Although there are cases of multiple soulmates, it was only a maximum of five. Many must have been feeling envious of people with multiple soulmates, but they don't know that having such said good luck is not always as good as people say.

Her thoughts were interrupted when the soulmate marks burn and tingle at the same time, which means her soulmate is getting closer to her hiding place. She took a glance at her soulmate's location and found that he was only a hundred meters away from her. From her place, she can see his blue eyes surveying the place while his hand is holding a phone, talking to someone on the other line.

His eyes suddenly looked in her direction and their eyes met for a second before two groups of people walking on the opposite sides covered their sight. Seeing this, she took the opportunity to join a group and walk away from that place, leaving for her apartment.

---

Running whenever he is free seems to become his hobby when he is not out saving the world. Steve feels refreshed every time he runs in the morning, trying to clear his thoughts, and watching relaxed people happily walking around the park.

He looks at his watch given by Stark and found that it is time to go back. He turns to walk on the way to leave the park when his soulmate mark on his left arm suddenly burns. His eyes frantically look around the place, trying to find a hint of someone feeling the same way as him.

He look for his soulmate for a few minutes, then took out the phone given by Stark out of his pocket. He dial Sam's number and waited for him to answer.

"Wassup! Is it time to leave---" He cut the man on the other line hurriedly.

"I found our soulmate at the center of the park, near the lake. She might be---" He suddenly stops when his eyes meet a beautiful shade of blue eyes, her features, and hair hidden by her hoodie. He wants to stop her from moving when suddenly, two groups of people walked between the two of them. Looking as the crowd dispersed, his soulmate also disappeared. 

Someone shouted his name and he look at the familiar figure of his friend.

"Where is she?" Sam panted and asked him hurriedly while looking around.

"Gone." Steve said while looking at his left forearm, where his soulmate mark used to feel like burning just a few moments ago. Sam looked at him with disbelief, not believing he let their soulmate go.

Both men stay in their position, each with different expressions. One full of incredulity, and the other one of exasperation.