6. Dinner

Chapter 6: Dinner

Amara walked inside a restaurant. A waiter greeted her and then led her inside. She sat down at a table near the window and a waiter gave the menu to her. She looked at it and was silent for a moment then looked up at the waiter.

"Give me a lasagna and a cheesecake please." The waiter wrote down her order and ask for drinks.

"Just give me orange juice." The waiter nodded and repeat her order, then left her alone.

Amara took her phone out and turn it on. She frowns after seeing a bunch of missed calls from Nick. She dialed his phone number and put it on her ear. He answered the call after three rings.

"Not busy anymore?" Amara heard a noisy background at the same time Nick answered. He seemed to be in a meeting.

"Yeah. Spend time to visit someone and walk around New York." She said with a bored tone as she tap her fingers on the table while waiting. 

"So how is the experience?" Nick asked, clearly interested in her view of New York. Amara licks her lips and slowly pronounces the words.

"Two words." She hears Nick stop the people from talking on the other line and asked her curiously. "What?"  

"D*mn you!" She hissed and heard Nick laugh loudly at the other line.

"Well. This is my welcome to you." She rolled her eyes hearing his sarcastic reply. She has the urge to punch someone in the face right now.

"You know d*mn well why I agreed to move here, Nick." She felt herself becoming annoyed as she heard him still laughing at her.

"I know, but you really can't run away forever and you know it." He said then heard the other line quiet, "Hello? What happened?" He asked with a smile.

"I'm cursing you inside my head." Amara said while gritting her teeth, to which Fury can hear.

"Then it's a good thing you are not a witch or I would be cursed to death by you." She just laughed mockingly and replied.

"Yeah, good for you." She said a faint thanks to the waiter after he put her order at the table then focused back on Nick Fury.

"My food is here. Hang up." She was about to end the call when Nick stops her from hanging up and she brought the phone to her ear again.

"Wait. I want to tell you that you should come to HQ tomorrow." She raised her eyebrow in doubt as she was never asked to go to S.H.I.E.L.D. since she only goes when she wants to.

"And for what?" She asked curiously and take a sip of her orange juice.

"I have something to tell you. Meet you at 10 am tomorrow." The phone ended and Amara looks at the phone with disbelief. She felt that something is wrong with Fury again as if he was planning something, seeing that he did not even wait for her reply before hanging up. She thought for a moment then shrugged her shoulder and focused on her food, savoring the delicious taste of her dinner.

---

Fury hands up the phone and turns around to face the people in the conference room.

"Let's continue." He said and sat down beside Maria Hill, his soulmate snd wife. 

"Nope." Tony stop him and asked while smirking, "Tell us who is that? Your new wife? Is she pretty? Sexy?" Fury almost throws the phone in his hand at Tony if not for his soulmate calming him down. He took a deep breath trying to calm himself down.

"No, Mr. Stark. Back to the topic---" He said after he calmed down and try to continue the meeting again when he was cut off again.

"No, no, no. That topic is boring anyway, so who is that?" He waved his finger around then turns to Maria after seeing he won't reply, "Do you know who that is? Cause I'm sure I heard a female voice and---" 

"And I suggest you shut up." Fury looked at Tony dead in the eyes, "You babble like a girl now." Someone coughed inside the conference room while the others either smiled or look away, smiling.

"Sure he does..." Someone whispered and Tony looked at the source. Nat was smirking while looking at Tony.

"I'm sorry. Did I offend you today, Ms. Romanoff?" Tony said with an exasperated expression. Nat just smirked at him with her red lips.

"You must have." Clint smirked as he whispers but the whole room can hear what he says. Fury rolled his eyes at the lack of seriousness of the team and pat the table.

"Okay. Let's finish the meeting before this. Okay, children?" He emphasized the last word while looking at Tony. A certain billionaire ignored his words and continued asking him.

"No. Anyways, answer? Mr. Eyepatch?" Someone grunted in frustration which Tony ignore again. Vision glances at his creator and opens his mouth to speak.

"I suggest, we go back to the topic and finished this meeting, Mr. Stark?" Tony glanced at Vision, who was looking at him but still go back to Fury. He just can't seem to get that voice out of his mind.

"Yes, the female caller." Countless people groan inside the room as they looked at Tony who never stops talking about the female caller.

"Tony, shut up." Steve can't help but stand up to face Tony and call out seriously with a firm voice. Tony glanced at him and changed his playful expression to serious. The others look at them with different expressions

"Then make me." The room was in stalemate as the two continued glaring at each other with their faces a few centimeters away. Someone chuckled at this moment.

"As much as I felt amused by the sexual tension between you two, you have to stop." Sam said and showed amusement as the two snapped their heads at him.

"Or what?" "Or what?" Tony and Steve said and chorus and looked at each other after hearing it. Sam shrugged his shoulder seeing them back to staring at each other again.

"Chill guys. Who shoved a wand on your asses?" Countless people in the room express disgust at his statement.

"God!" Wanda said while putting her hand on her mouth and looking at Sam with disgust.

"A wand? Really? That's disgusting, Sam." Pietro said with a wince at the disgusting remark. Sam looked at the others and saw some glaring at him but ignored it and smiled.

"Then do you want bucky's metal arm then?" Bucky snapped his head to Sam and glared. 

"Don't include me in that." He said in a low tone.

Bruce felt the room is getting more wrong the more they talked so he hulked out and roar towards the team. 

"Have you calmed down, children?" Fury said after seeing everyone's stunning look. Fury and the rest of the people who did not participate in the farce a while ago saw that they go back to their seats so Fury continued the meeting.