14. Another Explosion

Chapter 14: Another Explosion

Clint and Natasha finished evacuating the last guest with the help of SHIELD agents when the sound of an explosion sounded from above. Looking at the building, big clouds of smoke came from inside the building through a broken window.

They did not have the time to move when another explosion sounded, but this time, it was from the rooftop. A helicopter was spiraling down to their place and was about to hit the people watching below when it was stopped by someone.

A portal opened revealing Dr. Strange, who has a frown on his handsome face. He used his magic to prevent the out-of-control helicopter from hurting people before looking at Natasha and Clint.

"I've only been gone for a few hours and someone attacked the tower?" Stephen gave the two a look, which made the two shake their head. He did not expect that what supposed to be a charity party became a bombing party when he arrived.

"What can I say? There was never enough time for us to rest before enemies came to knock on our doors." Clint said in a half-joking tone. Although, all of them knew it was indeed the case.

"Who is it that attacked this time?" Stephen asked.

Clint shook his head before answering. "Well, trust me. It's more than just the attack you should be worried about." That caught Stephen's attention which caused him to become curious. By the way Clint hinted at him, it should be more than just someone attacking the tower.

"What do you mean by that?" Clint doesn't have the time to answer as Natasha calls for their attention.

"Boys..." Natasha called while looking up. "Enough with the chit chat and let's go upstairs. I don't want to stay here while our soulmate is in possible danger." She turned to look at Stephen after saying that and waited for him to open a portal. But he seemed shocked at what she said as he stared at her with his mouth open.

"Stephen." Stephen snapped out of it and saw a hand waving in front of him. He gave Clint a look before creating a portal to the party room. Entering inside, the trio sigh in relief at seeing only the bodies of enemies are inside and the other avengers with their soulmate are not present. Thinking of the explosion from the rooftop, he didn't hesitate to open another portal on the rooftop.

-----

"D*mn it, Bucky. A reminder next time!" Sam shouted at his friend as they ran to hide after Bucky shot the helicopter, dropping the enemies, causing it to explode near their place. They are now hiding at one of the hidden corners of the rooftop, with enemies shooting guns everywhere. Probably thinking one of them might get shot.

Bucky didn't answer or even look at his friend as he focused on looking around for possible ways to move around the area. Sam saw that Bucky was busy and stopped talking. His thoughts moved back to their 'helpers' (Loki and Thor), who are still absent, with no glimpse of them even after an explosion happened.

Sam's thought was cut off as a feeling of suffocation filled him. Turns out, Bucky was beside him with no space in between as the hidden space they found is compacted. He patted his friend as he tried to move to find a more comfortable space but Bucky only pushed him back to stay still.

"Can you move away? You are squeezing me." Finally finding it unbearable, he whispered to Bucky, who paused but shook his head.

"No." Forgetting their current situation, Sam decided to slightly push his friend to give him a breathing space but didn't control his strength and pushed him hard.

Bucky was caught off guard and was thrown outside their hiding place. He looked back to Sam and saw him shocked as his action alerted the enemies of their position. Glaring at Sam, who is wearing a sheepish smile, he rushed to the alerted enemy and decided to attack first, while Sam left the hidden corner and supported his reckless friend by firing at the enemies aiming at Bucky.

Bucky used his metal arm to deflect some bullets and successfully shot the enemies who saw them. He looked at his gun and checked the bullets. Only a few rounds are left and their helpers are still not here.

"Where is Loki and Thor? They are supposed to be here at this time!" Bucky shouted at Sam, who was still at the previous position. Sam shrugged and fired at the incoming enemies, who heard the sound of firing in their area.

"I don't know! Something must have happened!" Sam shouted back while busy firing at the enemies with the gun he picked up at some point when fighting. The gun clicked and no more bullets were fired so he jumped to the side to avoid bullets and looked for a possible weapon to use.

No guns are found around him and only debris can be seen in their area. He turned to Bucky and saw him still shooting someone.

"Do you have extra bullets? I have no bullets anymore!" Bucky shook his head at his friends who nodded back. Someone shot the place where Sam was covered and almost got shot. Sam cursed in his mind and began to think of a way when he noticed the gun in his hand.

An idea formed in his mind but before he was able to do it, the shouts of screams filled the rooftop. Looking at what happened, a big chunk of metal was thrown at the enemy and the two looked at who did it. A familiar blond Asgardian, Thor, was standing straight as he looked around for them, followed by Loki, who was leisurely walking inside behind his brother.

Thor finally found the duo and walked over with a smile. He used his hammer to throw away the enemies on his way before finally arriving beside the two. Loki didn't join but decided to play with the enemies. He might as well finish this and return to their soulmate.

"My friends. My apologies for waiting. Someone blocked our way and needed to be taken care of." Thor said, while looking around. Only a few enemies remain and his brother can take care of it.

The trio are talking while Loki finishes the rest of the enemies so no one notices someone pretending to be dead on the ground beside the trio, planning to act. Before the attack to the floor where the party is, the group that attacked, planted bombs at each corner of the rooftop. The enemy slowly took out something from his pocket and what seems to be a detonator.

He thought that his movement would remain unnoticed but Bucky heard a sound and turned to its direction and saw someone on the ground holding a detonator in his hand.

"Shit!" It was too late to stop it, so another explosion happened on the rooftop. But this time, the sound was so loud that people near the tower heard it well.