Finding Amara

Chapter 17: Finding Amara

It was early morning when Nick Fury arrived in his office. The moment he sat down on his swivel chair, his office phone rang loudly causing a sudden irritation to his ears. Although disturbed by the sudden call, he still answered the phone while controlling his temper.

"Hello." He said with a grumpy voice, rolling his eyes with irritation. 

"Hey, Eyepatch! So nice to hear your voice." An irritating voice sounded from the device and Nick took every willpower he has not to throw the gadget away.

"My morning is also quite nice a few seconds before you called. Now, What. Do. You. Need?" He enunciates hard with gritted teeth and adds a little bit of sarcasm to his tone. 

"Grumpy now, are we? But yes, I need--- I mean, we need to know where Amara is seeing as she never left any contact information." Tony said directly to the point as he cannot wait to know his soulmate's information. They're been eager since last night but only managed to ask right now.

"Huh! You must have hacked for her info only to end up without gains, I see." Nick taunted, though not surprised. No matter how capable and full of connection Tony Stark is, he still can't beat Amara. 

"Are you telling or not?" Tony said, his tone turning serious. He has no time to continue bantering with Fury when he's all itchy to know where their soulmate is.

"Well, even if I want to tell you, you won't be able to find her." Nick shrugged as he open up his laptop without care. He checked his emails while waiting for Tony's reaction.

"What? What do you mean?" Tony said with half shouting half serious voice, far from his usual sarcastic self. Nick can even hear him hushing the people in the background as they reacted to Fury's words.

"From what I knew from Amara, if she wants you to know where she is, you'll know. So, if you want to meet her, you have to put patience above your narcissistic slash impatient slash rude behavior." He said with a playful smile, flipping the documents on the table.

"Fury, you son of a----" Nick hung up the phone without waiting for Tony to finish, completely silencing the room. He entered 'work mode' and turned his phone off. Wouldn't want a certain Stark to blow his phone now, would we?

---

Tony put the phone away as he turned to the others, controlling his irritation while facing the crowd. 

Seeing his face, Steve asked softly. "What did he say?"

Tony huffed. "Well, he's way too grumpy early this morning and decided to send me off with a few words. What a jerk." He poured a whiskey into a glass and sat down on a vacant couch with anger.

"Which is?" Bruce asked as he sat beside him.

Tony drinks the alcohol in one shot and put the glass on the coffee table with force. "Our soulmate seems to go incognito and decided to play 'catch-me-if-you-can' with, probably, us." He pointed at all of them.

"And you have no clue, from all your hacking, on her current whereabouts?" Natasha asked with disbelief.

"Nope." He said the word with a pop. "There are no records of her on the internet, with is odd and suspicious." He pointed at Jarvis. "Even he, can't find anything about her."

The others looked at Jarvis to which he nodded.

"Tony Stark and Jarvis failed on finding a person? What a surprise!" Sam said loudly as he entered the room, followed by Bucky.

"You're not helping." Bucky grumbled, making Sam look at him, offended.

"There are few possibilities. Either our soulmate seems to be an expert in technology, or lived in a remote place with no technology at all." Tony said.

Natasha pursed her red lips. "Fury introduced her as his sister, maybe he wiped all of her information?"

Steve shakes his head in disagreement. "No. With how Fury described Amara, she must be capable on her own. At least, on hiding or technology. Besides, it's even odder for a person to have no information at all if she's not capable."

"And she seems trained if you noticed her actions." Clint added.

"Is this a challenge? Since when was the last time I failed to locate someone?" Tony narrowed his eyes as he muttered to himself before operating his computer personally. The others watched as he busies himself and left him there before facing each other.

"Amara must be working on looking for the mastermind behind the people at the Avengers Tower. She seems like the type to work seriously on these kinds of things." Bucky gave his opinion, sitting down beside Steve.

"Yeah. She seems to do things at her own pace, and decide things on her own." Clint said after thinking.

Bruce agrees with him. "She hasn't accepted the bond yet. Of course, she'll subconsciously think and act like before she met us. Let's wait for her."

"It's okay to wait a little longer, but you know some of us are impatient. So I hope we won't wait that long." Steve leaned his back on the couch and said softly.

'I hope so too.' Everyone thought.

---

A/N: I finally updated after a long time.

Here's a new chapter, everyone. I hope you like it.