3. Black bag

Chapter 3: Black bag

Seeing that it is still early after looking at her watch, she stops a taxi and entered it after deciding to retrieve her package hidden in one of the buildings in the suburbs. She closed her eyes after saying an address, then only the sound of a newscast can be heard inside the car.

'---It is confirmed that Stark Industries will hold an event intended for charity three days later at the famous Avengers Tower. Many people are eager to attend such an event held by the famous company---'

'---Many famous public figures and celebrities have posted confirming their attendance at the event, causing people to look forward three days later---'

'Everyone is excited especially when it was confirmed that the Avengers will attend the event held---'

Amara heard the name of Fury's boy band and became interested. Thinking about it now, she does not know most of the things about New York before moving here, but one thing she knew is the group Fury approved as he mentioned about this before. As for the details, she was probably not paying attention. She reminded herself to read the file Nick will send later.

The car stops in front of an old building. She exited the car after paying the fare. Looking at the abandoned building in front of her, she doubted someone's professionality for the first time.

"D*mn you, Dmitri." She huffed and walk inside. Looking around, this place seems to be a former factory. Old small equipment was thrown to the side while the big ones are placed in the middle. Walking with a steady but quiet footstep, she looked around for other people. Seeing this kind of place, it won't be a surprise if there are people hiding there.

She walks to the back and found a small storage room. Opening the door with a key in her pocket, she entered and look around. The room is dusty and there is nothing inside except a small cabinet with a four-digit password. She entered the code and the lock clicked. Opening it, she saw a black bag which is her package, and swing it to her shoulder, then closed the cabinet again.

Walking back to the way she came, she stops when the sound of a gun firing came from the east of the building. She walks slowly and hides behind a piece of equipment and looks at the scene in front with the best view.

A man was tied to a chair with tape on his mouth. Seven men in black who looks like a bouncer with their big build surrounds him, each holding a gun. A man who looks like their leader, who wears a suit, walks over from somewhere, his face looks ordinary and would be ignored if not for the scar on his right cheek.

"Speak. Who is your boss?" The man next to the leader shouted. The man tied up looked at them like they are fools. The leader understands what he meant and signals his men to rip the tape off. She didn't hear what the man replied but it causes the men opposite to become angry and one man punch him in the face causing her to see a familiar face.

"Isn't this Nick's little recruit?" She took out a Glock 19 gun from the black bag and wait for an opportunity. 

Two men switch on beating the tied-up man causing his face to swell. He laughed after the beating stopped and stand up with the chair still tied to him. Walking towards the leader, he whispers something in his ears causing the leader to show fear on his face and look around the place. 

Suddenly, someone fell down after being sniped and Amara looked in the direction of the shooter. She saw a red-haired woman wearing a white bodysuit with a rifle on hand, seeing that her location was busted she ran away. The goons immediately fire their guns at the woman, because of distraction, they did not see the man tied up freed himself, and taking a dagger from his waist. He grabs the shoulder of the nearest person to him and slashed their neck. The leader walks back while trembling and finally remember what he is holding. He looks at the man busy killing his subordinate and aim.

"AHHHH!" A loud shout sounded inside the building, causing the passerby walking outside the building to be afraid and walk faster.

The leader shouted as someone shot him in his hand, the man with the dagger heard his scream and saw the leader holding his hands with a gun on the ground. He walked over to the dead bodies and tighten the hold on his dagger. The leader noticed a dangerous stare aimed at him and look at the source, causing his legs to buckle in fear.

"I w-won't... won't do it again. S-s-spare -me... Spa-re me!"

Amara look at the two agents and saw that they can handle it. She put the gun back in the bag and walk away from the scene. Leaving the building, she walks to the side of the road and rode a taxi three blocks away from the incident.

She brings out her phone and sends a text to Fury. [Your new recruits are quite good.] She smiled after that and put away her phone. Looking out of the window, seeing the busy streets of New York...