7. S.H.I.E.L.D

Chapter 7: S.H.I.E.L.D

The sounds of footsteps echo as Amara walked in the hallways. Although she never entered S.H.I.E.L.D before, she had the blueprint memorized. A few agents who walked past her looked at her a little longer, since no one other than Fury and his crew met her. The other agents have a low clearance level so they won't be able to meet her.

She walked for a minute before arriving at Fury's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." A faint sound came inside. She opened the door and walked in seeing Fury busy with paper works.

"You asked for me." She said while sitting down on one of the chairs in front of Fury.

"Sure did." Fury said faintly as he passed a letter to her. Amara took it and glance at it and saw that it was an invitation letter before putting it down.

"What do you want me to do?" She said while she put her feet on the other chair. Fury saw this but didn't rebuke her actions.

"You heard of a charity event that will be held by Stark Industries?" He asked while still writing something.

"Stark Industries?" She blinked and remember something. "I think I heard this one. Why?" She asked curiously and took the invitation letter again to look at it.

"You have to attend it." Her head snapped from looking at the letter and looked at Fury in disbelief then throw the letter to the table.

"Woah. Woah. Dude. You know I don't like social gatherings." Fury looked up from his writing and saw her face and laughed.

"I know." He gives her a pointed look and then goes back to reading a file, "But you have no choice. I already wrote your name there, people are expecting you to come." He looked back down with a smirk.

"Fury." She said in a low tone almost growling and glared at the busy man, "Give me a reason why I should not kill you." Fury paused and look at her face. Seeing her dangerously watching him, he raised his hand.

"Because..." He trailed off then thought of something, "Because the panther will arrive the day after tomorrow?" Fury said smugly. Amara narrowed her eyes at him then huffed.

"Fine." Someone escaped someone's wrath again. "I really hate you." She scowls and crosses her arms.

"Likewise." Fury replied and smirked at her which caused her to glare at him. The two were silent for a moment then Amara looked at her watch and saw that it was almost lunch and Maria would come at any moment.

"Is that the only thing you need me for?" She looked up from her watch and asked the man in front of her.

"Yep." He replied. Hearing this, Amara showed a frustrated face.

"Godd*mmit you should have just called." Her bad temper came back and she almost lunged at Fury. Fury saw her so pissed off and smirked.

"Where's the fun in that." She rolled her eyes as she saw him teasing her again.

"Did Maria know you are being childish?" She said and Fury just shrugged. Who would have thought the Director Fury people know has a childish side to him.

"She loves me anyway." Amara was stunned hearing this and looked at Fury like he was an alien, "Ughh. Never thought I would hear such cringe words out of you." She said while acting like she was gonna puke. 

"You are just envious." Fury pointed at her with his pen and she take a pencil from the table and throw it at him, to which he dodge.

"Am not." She said while glaring at him.

"You are." Fury said in a sing-song-like voice.

"Am not." She emphasized.

"You are." He smirked.

"Am not." 

"You are."

A knock sounded from the door and the two looked as the door opened revealing Maria. Maria saw their annoyed faces and knew they are bickering again.

"Stop bickering, kids." Maria said while walking toward Nick with a normal expression. Indicating that this scenario has happened before. Amara rolled her eyes at Fury and looked at Maria.

"Only if you shut him up." Fury smirked at this as he looked at his wife before winking at Amara.

"Oh. I know one way to shut myself up and---" Amara felt herself shiver in disgust at hearing this and stop him before he continued.

"And I know it will be disgusting so I'm off." She jump out of her seat and took the invitation letter then walk briskly towards the door. 

"Make sure to wear something good." Amara heard Fury shout as the door closed to which she rolled her eyes.

"What an ass." She whispers as she walks. Annoyed at a certain director.