Chapter two: New Home

Severus appeared in the Hospital Wing with the tiny tot, Madam Pomfrey, the Hogwarts Healer, nearby.

"Ah Severus, have you brought little Harry Potter?"

"Indeed, Poppy, the prat is right here." Severus huffed, putting his arms out to show her.

"Come now Severus, he's not a prat." Poppy said sternly, then looked down at the boy.

She gave a quiet gasp.

Oh my goodness!

"Put him there." She pointed to one of the empty beds.

Severus swiftly moved over, placing the boy down.

The boy looked dreadfully lost, his eyes filled with fear as he looked around. He was so scared he nearly started to shake. Who were these people?!

She grabbed her wand and scrambled over.

This only terrified the tot further, he tried his best to remain quiet, not wanting to get hit.

"Hey, hey, it's okay little one, I'm just going to do a quick check-up for you, is that okay? I just want to see what's going on, and I want to fix it, I promise it won't hurt one bit, and it'll be over before you know it. Is that okay?" She spoke sweetly.

Wha 'he saing? yi no elling?

The tot gave the slightest noise of fear when the woman neared him, getting too close for comfort, which Poppy picked up on.

Thankfully, she was prepared. She seemed to pull a little stuffed lion out of nowhere, showing it to the boy.

The tot's eyes went wide.

W..woa..

Poppy gave a soft laugh. "Her name is Nala, would you like to look after her for me? It's quite a big job you see, and I haven't seemed to come upon someone suitable for the job, do you think you can do it?"

The boy still only looked at it until it was handed to him. "Here, it's alright you can take her." Poppy smiled gently, softly taking the tot's hand and placing the lion in it.

The boy looked absolutely memorized, going to jerk his arm away before he realized she wasn't dragging him someplace.

Uuh? No...huwt..

The boy looked up at the woman, his eyes getting wider.

"It's alright, you can take it." Poppy said softly.

The tot blinked, looking at the lion and then back at her, and then back at the lion, and then her once more to make sure she wasn't lying.

Poppy gave him a reassuring smile, giving a nod towards the toy.

Really, a toy...for him?

Harry never got toys.

His small hands slowly went and gripped the stuffed toy.

"There that's it." Poppy smiled pleasantly.

The tot looked at the animal with fascination, the world around him seeming to fade.

"Now, make sure you keep a good eye on her, she can tend to wander." Poppy smiled delightfully.

Within seconds she was already running tests on the boy.

Severus, who got intrigued by some healing potions on the side, completely disregarded what was happening with the small human. His fascination was somewhere else as he found himself in front of a cart filled with potions.

He intensely scanned them, trying to think.

He will need some healing potions, won't he?

Hm