Chapter four: Baby shopping

"Don't give me that look, Potter." Severus sneered at the boy as he buckled him up in a trolley.

Since Severus wasn't prepared in the slightest, he had to go shopping for the little prat.

Sure, Dumbledore got him some things, but they weren't exactly in the finest condition. They were old and dusty, certainly needing improving.

He decided they didn't need any attention drawn to them, so he moved the boy's hair in a way that covered his scar, along with using a glamour charm to conceal it completely.

He better not make any fusses, this is for him.

The boy kept looking at him, making Severus a tad uncomfortable.

"Is there something you wish to say?" He glared at the boy.

The boy looked up at the man with glistening green eyes, curious.

The man's cold beetle eyes stared right back at him. "What?" He scowled.

The boy babbled, humming a little as he moved his body, his hands patting along the handle of the trolley.

The man sighed and rolled his eyes, making his way into the store.

The store was enormous, having anything you could ever want or need. It was named 'Muggle Magic' because it sold not only magical items but muggle ones too.

Severus decided to get the food first because that was going to be what they were going to go through the fastest since the boy needed to gain weight.

He moved through the aisle swiftly, grabbing various sorts of baby foods and snacks. Some more porridge, crackers, milk, yogurt, cheeri owls, cheese...

The golden boy better not be picky.

When that was done with, he made his way over to the furniture/home section. He needed a clean high chair, possibly a soft rug for when he crawls, new and warm blankets, a dresser to put all of his junk and other nonsense in, towels...

He already has some toys...surely..he doesn't need anymore.

When he was a kid, he never got toys, his father didn't allow it, it was just foolish.

Maybe...he was....wrong...perhaps..

He sneered as he thought of Dumbledore's words.

Supposing they are...educational...

That's when they came across the toy section that he pretended not to see and went to turn the other way when the boy made a small noise of protest.

He obviously noticed the toys and looked at them needlingly.

But he knew that freaks didn't get toys.

The man sighed, making his way over to the toy section, looking towards it in pure disgust.

The boy frowned, clearly getting teased as the man pushed the trolley closer within hand reach for the boy.

The bat stared at the boy, scowling.

"Well? Are you going to pick something or not? I don't have all day." He sneered.

The boy looked confused as if this was some sort of joke.

He could get a toy?

"Potter, if you don't pick anything within the next five seconds, you are getting nothing, and you get one, you hear me? One." He spoke sternly, holding his pointer finger right at his face.