Chapter seventeen: Hagwha!

Disclaimer: I do not own the artwork above

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

It was the next-morning, and Severus was getting ready to leave, putting on his same yet clean new pair of black robes. He didn't think of a name quite- yet- so he decided to do it sometime later today.

As he was- trying- to fall asleep, he kept thinking of Harry's new name- he couldn't keep Potter, he just couldn't, because then the Dark Lord would learn immediately. He would have to give him a cover-up name- he would have to get rid of Potter and replace it with Snape, along with his first name, because that would have also given it away far too easily. Although not to make it too confusing for the small human, he would change it only slightly. Additionally, not that it mattered too much, but- was still- fairly- obvious, his middle name, James, that git. He was thinking about completely changing his name to make him fully a Snape, but he couldn't bare to do that to Lily- he had to keep Potter's name going, even if it wasn't directly Potter. He would come up with something by the end of the day- he certainly did not want to keep this waiting.

He sighed as he got his shoes on, thinking about all of this.

Of course, he would explain this to Harry when he got older and understood things better, but right now, he would just keep his first name..

Guess he couldn't be calling him 'Potter' anymore.

What a shame,

The bat sighed, rubbing his face, he could- simply obliviate the small human's mind, but his parents definitely, wouldn't approve of that. Besides, that would be taking it too far, wouldn't it? Even Severus Snape had his morals.

"Ready to go, Harry?" The man asked gently, looking over at the boy sitting on the floor- all dressed and fed.

The boy looked up at him and giggled, crawling over to him.

The man smiled slightly- as he picked him up, making his way to the door to leave.

He paled once he opened the door, all the Professors there, looking at him curiously with smiles and smirks.

Pomona just couldn't keep her mouth shut, could she?

The bat looked at everyone with wide eyes; no- absolutely not, he was not dealing with this.

"So the rumors are true!" "Harry Potter!" "The boy who lived!!" "Here!! At Hogwarts!" "Oh, my Merlin, doesn't he look adorable!"

As this was going on, the bat absentmindedly put a protective hand around the tot, keeping him rather close.

Who were these people? And why were there so many of them! Harry gave a loud whine at all the attention, looking away and burying his face into the man's robes.

Some of the Professor's smiled, and some awed.

Severus sneered at all the Professors, "Leave, now, all of you," he seethed, staring daggers at everyone.

But, none of them were fazed, them being very used to this behavior of the dull dungeon bat.

"Oh nonsense Severus, surely the young Harry would love to join us for breakfast," "Yes! And what about-!"

"He's already eaten,"

"Then I'm sure he'd love to-"

"No!" The bat boomed, backed up, and slammed the door shut, causing Harry to whimper.