Chapter fourteen: I can't

Trigger warnings: self-harm, depression, suicidal thoughts, scars, brief mention of eating disorder, blood, brief almost death

Disclaimer: I do not own the artwork above

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

The moment Draco left, Harry broke and started to cry loudly- fat, warm tears streamed down his face as he tried to breathe. "Daco!! Daco!!!" He started to wail.

Severus tensed, his eyes going wide at his outburst. "Harry, Harry, Harry, please calm down," Severus tried to soothe, but it didn't seem to work.

"Daco!! Daco!!! I! Wan! Daco!"

"Harry, look- I'm sorry, but they're currently busy at the moment-!"

"No! No! Daco! Daco!"

"Harry, please, listen to me." His voice was softer than ever, unusual for the dungeon bat.

"Wan Daco! Wan Daco!!!"

"Harry, they'll be back as soon as they can."

"No! No! Naou! Naou!!"

"Harry, please, I'll try to see if he's available tomorrow-"

"No naou!!"

"Harry, please," the bat continued to try to soothe, bouncing him a little and rubbing his back.

"No! No! Nooo!!" The boy cried loudly, reaching toward the fireplace.

"Harry, didn't Draco say himself that he would be back soon?"

"No! Naou naaow!!"

This went on for hours, the sun went down, and it was dark now.

He sighed, taking the boy to his room.

The boy started to flail around, not wanting to go to bed.

"Harry, please- calm down-"

"No!" He kicked his feet- and thrashed his arms around- and without realizing, slashed the Professor's cheek with his nail when he tried to pry him off.

He deserved that.

Only then the boy went quiet and gasped, looking horrified, his eyes going wide. "I sowey! I so vewy sowwy! No meen tow!" He cried in fear.

The bat sighed quietly, giving him a small glare as he walked out of the room with him and to the bathroom.

Harry felt awful as he stared at the small scratch, that slowly started to draw blood. He looked up at him with sad eyes, looking at what he did, and taking his tiny hand he gently placed it on his cheek. "Haurt?" He asked quietly, frowning.

The bat stopped abruptly, his eyes narrowing at the small human. He instinctively grabbed his tiny arm, staring daggers at him. "Just leave it, Potter." He sneered, putting his hand down.

The boy grew quiet, giving a whine of fear as he flinched away.

The other gave a loud huff of annoyance as he prepared the bath.