Chapter twenty one: New beginnings

Note: this story is an AU, kinda, well for one Severus' parents switched roles in who was a wizard and who was not and I'm also going to 'drastically' change something that should have happened originally in the timeline, but not just yet

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Severus had sent the letter back to Albus, so now he doesn't have to worry as much about the name change for his new boy. He could now sleep peacefully knowing that the Dark Lord, will never know that he has Harry Potter, or at least not so easily.

In the early hours of the morning, Severus was already awake, knowing that a certain little dragon boy will be at his house soon, and he didn't want to keep Narcissa waiting. Surprisingly young Harrison slept peacefully throughout the night, and Severus got some decent sleep so it was easier for him to get up in the morning.

The dungeon bat was currently in the kitchen, making himself some coffee whilst feeding his boy. Along with trying to think of a way to teach Harry his new full name. He didn't want to confuse the tot too much so he was thinking of only starting with his first name.

He looked over at the boy who was trying to messily feed himself with his hands with a bowl of porridge. He sighed, going to sit down next to him as he grabbed a napkin, gently taking his hands to try to clean him up. "Harry," he said, completely without thinking.

The boy perked up at him, giggling as he tried to clean his hand, being a little squirmy in his high chair.

"Stay still," The bat huffed slightly, managing to get some of the porridge off his hands. "Your-"

The boy was giving him big eyes, very curious about him.

Severus could only see Lily when he looked at him like that and it made him uneasy. "Don't look at me like that," he said, his stern voice instantly returning as he glanced away. Why was this so difficult? Every time he looked at him the only thing he could see was.. "Harry, your full name is Harrison, Harry is short for it, so from now on, if I call you Harrison, I am still referring to you, alright?" Severus spoke, taking a sip of his dark coffee.

That was too much for Harry's little brain to process. He looked very confused, he thought his name was Harry, just Harry.

"Can you say that, Harrison?"

"H-hawie!"

"Harrison,"

"A..a-ahh we..sen.."

"Hair-ah-son,"

"ie..soun..."

"Put it all together now, Harrison."

"Hawie...ie..ie-soun.."

The bat sighed. "it needs work,"

Just then, a loud boom was heard.

Narcissa.

Severus went and picked up a frightened Harry, who gripped onto him as he made his way over to the living room. He expected Narcissa of course but instead got surprised by Lucius.

"L-Lucius?" Severus said, amazed, astounded even by what he saw. He noticed this immediately, taking note of his fear. What did she do to you? He wondered as he looked him up and down. He instantly took note of his whole body trembling, his eyes in pure shock as if he's just seen death itself, and his very low, barely noticeable shaky breaths.

He's only seen him like this once long ago, back when they were in school. When his father used to try to 'teach him how to be a man', or at least that's what he used to say. He knew it was bad, things have truly taken a turn for the worst, and maybe somewhere deep deep down it frightened him. But just before he got the chance to say something Narcissa showed up with a certain little Dragon.

She gave such a look of disgust at her once so-called fiancé as she passed by him and walked in. "Severus, this stubborn, stubborn man will not quit and let go of his son, so I have come to the decision that you, Severus, will help him with raising Draco, only if he is with you. He can not and will not be taking care of him alone. He swore not to ever hurt him again, and if he breaks that promise, I will know,"

No, she didn't, she wouldn't....she would..the unbreakable vow..

She then turned to Draco. "You're going to be spending time with Uncle Severus now okay, my darling? Be good, okay?" She smiled at her child, going and putting a hand on his cheek and kissing his head. She chuckled softly, "Oh..I know you will," he smiled at him.

Tears were brought to the young Dragon's face, but he was trying to stay strong for his mama. He was fighting so hard not to let them fall as they appeared in his eyes. He sniffled, pushing his little face into hers. "B...bye bye...mama.." he merely whispered. He didn't want her to go..but he knew that there was no other choice..

"You're my strong little Dragon," she kissed his head once more before handing him over to Severus. "If this thing of a 'father' ever so much as raises his wand at him, you make sure you give him what for, do you understand Severus? Do not allow him to lay one finger on that boy," she seethed through her words.

Severus looked a bit flabbergasted, almost going pale. "Yes, Narcissa." Was all he could manage, maybe a trickle of fear running through his own body by Narsicca's tone.

"Good, I might check in every so often just to see how things are going, but other than that, I thank you again, Severus. I know you will take great care of Draco," she nodded to him, then went back over to the fireplace to leave. "Remember what I taught you," Narcissa whispered slickly as she passed by him.

Lucius shuddered at her words, his grip seeming to tighten around his cane as his head dipped down.

After the two were once alone again, they almost immediately locked eyes. Lucius could see Severus' worry, and the other could see his fear.

"D-dwak!" The small Harry smiled wide, trying to reach over to him.

"Hawie!" Draco said with a big smile, trying to do the same and reach over to him.

Severus sighed quietly and went to put the two down as they got into each other arms. He then looked back over to Lucius for a good moment or two before he found himself putting his arms around Lucius, surprised by his own actions, but he didn't feel like he was the one doing it, his actions seemed on autopilot.

"I'm here..."

Lucius was surprised himself to say the very least, and didn't know quite what to do as he gasped quietly, but he seemed to absentmindedly put his hands around him and bury his face into his chest.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨