Chapter seven: Making home

The four headed over to the boy's new room, and once they arrived, Severus didn't wait to put the boy down on the floor.

"This..is it?" Minerva said with disappointment, seeing that the only thing for a baby was the crib.

"Well, do remember Minerva, I only had him a day. Besides, I already got everything he is going to need at the store last night. I just didn't quite have the time to put it out." Severus spoke.

"Don't worry, we're going to change that right now, aren't we?" Albus smiled.

"Quite." Minerva nodded, looking around the room. "Oh Severus, do get rid of these dark drapes, the boy is not going to be living in a cave! He needs sunlight." She said, flicking her wand at them, changing the dark color to a light white, transparent color which Severus didn't look too happy about. "Oh, if you think that's bad, wait until you see what's going to happen to the walls." She grinned.

Severus sighed, going to get the bag filled with everything he got last night. He got his wand and started to take things out and place them accordingly, first taking out the drawer so he could put all the necessities away neatly.

The boy observed everything quietly, feeling upset that he got left on the floor and merely forgotten, but it wasn't anything new to him. He kept himself quiet by chewing on his fingers, staring at all the magic that was happening before him.

They eventually put everything in order, all the clothes put away, the new rug on the floor, established an acceptable changing station, and a toy box that Minerva brought that held all of Potter's junk. All that was left was trying to come up with what to do with the walls.

"Do you think he'll take over his father, I wonder. Be the next best Quidditch player?" Minerva thought aloud, giving a laugh at the thought. "Oh, Harry. What do you think of this hmm?" Minerva asked, pulling out a toy Snitch that flew over to the boy.

The tot's eyes widen and he looked at it rather fearfully, giving a small whine, still not too comfortable with the two other wizards around, and now this thing coming towards him! He quickly crawled over to Severus, clinging onto his leg in fright.

Minerva gave a small frown. "Perhaps not." She then flicked her wand and put the Snitch away.

Severus' eyes widen, "Potter!" He scowled. "Get off!" He picked up his leg to kick the little prat off but remembered that Minerva and Albus were there and didn't think they would approve. Luckily, the tiny human held on tight, and when he was lifted into the air and gave a squeal of surprise.

"Ah yes, he's grown well attached to you, I see." The Headmaster twinkled.

"Shut up."

"Easy there, Severus, you don't want to hurt the boy." Minerva said cautiously.

"He's fine, I just want him off of me!" The bat boomed.

The boy thought that this was a game, so he laughed loudly when Severus tried to kick him off, wrapping his legs around him securely. He was flying in the air!

"This is not a game Potter! Now get off!" Severus sneered.

"Agen! Agen!" The boy squealed.

The bat huffed angrily, going to pry him off with force now. "Potter you better get off, right now." He seethed.

The small raven frowned, why did he always stop the fun? Did he not like fun? He didn't want to make him angry so he complied and let go. He got placed down, and the man moved to the other side of the room.

"You can't keep avoiding the boy, Severus." Minerva stated hastily.

"I'm not neglecting him, I'm aware of his presence."