REMEMBER

[RECESS BELLS TOLLS]

MICHELLE SAT UP IN HER SEAT WITH A TIRED  FROWN ON HER FACE, Jina walked up to her with a smile but she didn't return the smile.
"Hey! What's up, why the sad face?" Jina asked.
 Michelle muttered. "Mmm, nothing Jina...what do you see?... And why do you ask?" Jina smiled weirdly looking at other students that talked about whatever news they got.

"Well..., I don't know, you just look stressed and have been cr...," Michelle burst into tears before Jina could finish her words. Jina dropped her books and bag to the floor and rushed to Michelle's side, hugging her tightly.  
"Come on Mich, don't cry...you are going to destroy your make-up..." Jina rubbed her shoulders softly. Michelle didn't reply, yet...she sniffed and regained her sitting stature immediately and whipped off the glassy tears on her cheek.

"I gotta go, Jina, my mom is expecting me to be home early..." Michelle lied, she dragged her feet to the exit door. Jina hurried to her side, breathing heavily.

"Michelle, wait up...how did your meeting with Noah go? I am pretty sure he gave you..."Michelle turned to Jina with a growl on her face, Jina's smile evaporated as soon as she realised what she was saying.

"I am pretty sure he gave me, what...Jina?" Michelle growled.

"Michelle..."Jina squeaked defeatedly.
"Jina!, what?"  Michelle roared, she rubbed her face in frustration and took a deep breath before hugging Jina. "I am sorry Jina, I don't want to talk about it and by the way, I gotta go, okay?" Jina nodded her head before hugging Michelle. Michelle looked down at her phone that had started to ring out loud, it was her mom.

"Bye!, Jina, talk to you when I get home." Michelle ran out of the corridor.

"And don't forget to save the gist, ok?" Jina screamed from afar, walking in the opposite direction.

****||3:50 PM|| ****

Michelle stopped by the door and stared at her best friend and boyfriend enjoying each other's company and closeness, She stood there for a while in complete shock and snapped out of it. Janet straddled Noah's Legs, Michelle could say anything to stop them but choose to remain quiet. On the bright side, One of her high school mate, Timy was seated opposite them, she smiled her way to the couch and took out her phone.

"Mandy, How was school today?" Timy asked after the long-lasting silence. Michelle looked up at her best friend who was still straddling Noah's legs but this time, their eyes met, Janet saw the look of pain flash through her eyes. Michelle took her eyes off them and smiled weakly at Timy.

"Nothing special about it,.." She thought of what next to say but couldn't say a single word, so many thoughts and questions flooded her mind but she couldn't assemble the courage to ask. She stared at them once again, she inhaled deeply and scrolled through her phone for the millionth time. She didn't expect Janet to invite him or timy, she thought when Janet texted her for a bestie time together, it would just be two of them and nobody else, but she thought wrong.

"Mandy, I hope you are not annoyed...I mean, I am with Noah, I hope you are not feeling bad about it?" Janet finally spoke to her for the first time since she walked into the house. Michelle just smiled and said 'no', feeling the weight of the lie drop in the depth of her belly. The same silence that appears in a cemetery played again, amongst them, all Michelle could do is to count each second that passed by.