"ALL THE WEIGHT"

****APRIL 12TH 2022****
****|:|3:34PM|:|****

Michelle woke up to the loud ringtone of her cell phone, she dragged it from the lampstand and forced her eyes open to see who was calling. It was a strange number. She hissed and picked up the call in irritation.

"Hello, please who is on the phone and how may help you?" She groaned rubbing her tired eyes and waited for the caller's reply.

"You do not remember my voice, Michelle?" Michelle froze at the deep voice.

"D-O-U-G-L-A-S?" she took off the phone from her ear and stared at the ground unbelievably.

"What do you want?" She screamed, jolting up from her bed in anger. 

"Please, Michelle, forgive me, unblock me please, I need you, I love you, just like as I always did, I haven't been able to think straightly without your face projecting in my head."Michelle rolled her eyes in disgust, listening to his tears. She knew what he was getting at and she wanted to avoid it at all cause,

"Are you so desperate that you bought another number, just to call me, begging me to come back to you? I blocked you and you still had the guts to call me, pleading for mercy...you do not deserve forgiveness..." She spat.

"Please Michelle, forgive me, I promise I will pay for everything I had taken from you, please just unblock me.."

"No need for the begging, because I won't forgive you, Alex, you are a liar and you will not pay for anything because you have nothing to give me..."

"Michelle please..., please forgive me." He insisted with pleading and tears.

Michelle steamed up a bit. annoyed by their conversation, she couldn't believe she woke up to a call that isn't worth waking up for. 

"Look, I have cleared my mind and moved on a long time ago, so I see no reason to associate with you...you are TOXIC,...you reaped me off my heart, the only air I manage to breathe, you want to take it away from me? After all those months of moving on and healing, you step your feet into my space and cry like a child...Bullshits Alex...What exactly do you want, I know you didn't call me to plead for my forgiveness."

"My mother died last month and now I live with my uncle in the north."

    Michelle stayed quiet and laughed in her head, she wasn't going to fall for one of those tricks he pulled when she was in his court. 

"My condolence Douglas, may her soul rest in peace. "She said sipping the glass of water by her bedside.

"I am sorry for what I did to you in the past, I was wrong and I am sorry, my mother told me that girls like you are rare and girls like you are to be respected, it took me months to find another girl like you, but no other girl out there is like you and now I am regretting all that I had done to hurt you."

Michelle shook her head, struggling to temper her thoughts from raging. She wasn't going to cry about her past but she was getting tired of the lies he said.

"Start by refunding all the money you stole and take all the abuse and the insults you had said to me. If you can't, well then, this is when the journey of our conversation ends. Goodbye, Douglas, go cry to someone else that will fall for these lies."

                 Michelle blocked his number and muted her phone, she dropped the cup of icy glass water on the table and dragged the covers over her head with a hiss.

****|:|5:01PM|:|****

"He got the guts to call you! Has he no shame? "Janets roared from the other side of the call. Michelle laughed, she knew, her best friend was the right person to talk to about this situation.