REALITY.

****|:|DECEMBER 25TH|:|****
< 7:49 AM>

Michelle scrolled through her phone and stopped to read the message Alex had sent.

ALEX~"A lucky day for you and your family to spend money in happiness, while my mother and I beg for food to eat this Christmas. I do not need you to send money again or your help, Michelle, Rusty Williams will always be there for my mother and me and she would do what you could never do for us...
  Take care,👍🏽"<6:30AM>

Michelle's face fell to the ground when she read his text. Everything she ever done for the past four months was for him, she never really cared about herself, she never really cared about herself, she worried and prayed for him, like she was living his life while he caused her pain, and abused her. The thought of Christmas bells came ringing in her mind, overtaking the thoughts of Alex.

"I do not want him to spoil this Christmas for me, so I will walk out of this door like nothing happened and put a smile on my cheeks with my head up high thinking of nothing but a holly-jolly Christmas."

She picked up her purse, swiped Alex's chat's to the archive box, muted her phone and put on her golden slipper. Anytime she found herself thinking and worrying about him, she would bury those thoughts with food and pictures she took.

****|:|2:50PM|:|****

"Good evening Mrs Taylor, merry Christmas." Michelle curtseyed like the ideal princess she dressed to be.

"Merry Christmas Darling." Mrs Taylor welcomed her in with a warm hug and led her and her family to sit. Her siblings walked beside her while her parents walked behind them.

"A Tradition we always do for every Christmas, we discuss about the joy and happiness the lord has brought to us every year." Mrs Taylor clapped, rejoicing with a smile.

"I love that idea." Mr Adam chuckled.

"Amanda, what do you have to say about Christmas?" Mrs Taylor asked, pulling Michelle out of her trance, her face was stuck in her glass of wine, savouring the rich taste of the grape wine.

"Hmmm, what do I have to say about Christmas? Well from my understanding of Christmas, it is when we all come together, discussing our happiness, sharing our love, our time, our euphoric moments with friends and family, appreciating God for life being grateful for seeing the sun that shines on our faces every morning in the year, sleeping without having an issue with breathing or move our body. Christmas is love itself, it doesn't have to be the only time we come together to share our story or pour out our emotions but also a time to be grateful that we made it alive to see another birthday of Christ."

Everyone at the table applauded after Michelle finished her speech, she could see the happiness and pride her mother had in her eyes, she hadn't known what she had said but she knew, she spoke of what her heart felt at that moment. Apart from the depression and the pains she had felt at the beginning of the year and till this very moment, she felt a somewhat new feeling inside her, it was new and it made her feel light and happy, it made her feel different, brand new from the past week.

She thought,

"If love was easy, why am I always failing? There is a big difference between loving someone and being able to live without someone, she felt both whenever she talked to Alex but she showed her different ways to rubbish herself and threw away her pride to make him satisfied. She thought love was the answer to it all but it never mattered,

Who loved?
when to love?
where to be loved?
and how to love?

Every love story doesn't always end like the fairytales in the Disney world, the butterflies that fluttered in her belly the first time she spoke with Alex all eloped when he demanded things she couldn't give, she said, he weighed her down. When he was with her, she felt empty, when she loved him, he didn't care but rather chased after money, every night she cried herself to sleep, he was cheating and sleeping peacefully while she broke into pieces. She was the master of her life and had the choice to live it without Alex's burdens, but she choose to live with the devil and carry his burden.

"Michelle that was a lovely speech!" Mrs Taylor hugged her, Mr and Mrs Adams smiled at her, impressed by her maturity, Her siblings applauded with broad smiles, haven't expected her to explain Christmas that way.

"Come everyone, let's all smile for the picture!" Mrs Taylor called.

"In the count of 1,
                                2,
                                          3...,"

"CHEESE!"

"📷📷📷"

****|:|A/N|:|****

X.O.X.O🖤

-Merry Christmas in advance to all the readers of "SAVING MICHELLE" Michelle wishes you the best gifts of the season, Love.
--What do you think? About this chapter...
-If you are facing anything similar to Michelle, please speak out, speak to someone trusted. Do not be afraid to talk to someone, you are not alone.

VOTE/COMMENT YOUR FEEDBACKS/FOLLOW ME : INSTA: _Krustycaramel & S.a.v.g.e.a.r.tt

-Don't forget to add this book to your library to get updates.

_Krustycaramel🦋🖤