departing

(y/n pov)

i turned 18 last week on july 9th.

today is july 17th, the day i'll be leaving Norway for a holiday.

i love in Oslo with my parents, but will soon move out since i'm 18.

my parents knew Greece was on my bucket list, so they decided to get me a trip to greece with my best friend as an 18th birthday gift, and i couldn't be any happier.

me and my best friend Ella are going to greece.

our parents agreed to let us go on our own, and we are so happy.

we met up before we left for the airport.

well she came to my house and then my dad would drop us off at the Oslo airport which was 40 minutes away.

we sat in the back and talked like little babies in the backseat, we were just excited to finally spend time together after our school year ended.

it's holidays now, and i'm glad to spend a week in Greece, with my BEST FRIEND.

our dad finally arrived with us to the airport, taking out the luggage from the trunk, we both hugged him before leaving to go into the massive building.

we put out luggage on the tape to weigh it before sending it off.

we were handed our tickets and we immediately went through security as quick as possible.

we didn't want to stay in the queue for so long.

and we luckily didn't.

we went through the shops and got ourselves some perfumes and such.

i got such a pretty fragrance, the worker helped me pick one out.

"this will catch eyes onto you" the worker said.

i thanked her and paid before me and ella practically ran for our gate, it was our last call.

we luckily made it onto the plane, and sat down next to eachother.

the flight was about 2 hours and 30 minutes, and i had no problem sitting next to my best friend for 2 hours and 30 minutes!

most of the time, we were planning our dinner outfits as well as talking about the swimming costumes we bought two days ago in Oslo.

we got too many, but it was our money in the end, so it didn't really matter.

we also bought so many dresses and stuff, obviously for the night.

it was 9am, and our plane has started to descend slowly as i caught a glimpse of the view outside.

the ocean scared me, why is the ocean so deep?

we don't even know what could be in the water, and that's even scarier, so i knew i'd stay in pools rather than oceans.

okay, maybe i'll dip my feet but there's no way i'm submerging my whole body into the unknown.

we bucked our seatbelt as the flight attendants said so, getting ready for landing.

me and ella held hands on the landing as we both HATED landing, especially if they were harsh ones, but this one surprisingly, wasn't too bad at all.

the plane doors finally opened as everyone started to unbuckle their seatbelts, grabbing luggage from above and then slowly starting to leave.

eventually me and ella got off as the warm breeze hit our bodies.

being trapped in a metal tube for some time and then coming out to warm weather was amazing amazing feeling.

we went to the arrivals zone where our passports were checked.

i had ordered a bus to take us to our hotel as we waited for the tape thing to come with our luggage.

we eventually found our luggage and started to leave, we got onto the bus and showed the man our destination.

he started his bus, and off we went...