Chapter 13

December

"Percy can you stay behind for a moment?"

Percy raised a brow, confused to why he's being asked to stay. Nevertheless, he stayed seated as everyone got up and left when the bell rung. He waved away a hesitant Grover, silently telling him to go on without him.

Once all the students left Mr. Hermes rolled his chair next to Percy's desk. He had a book in his hand.

"I hope you're a reader Percy. I'll highly recommend adding this to your list, it might come in handy in the future." Mr. Hermes put the book on Percy's desk.

"How To Successfully Get Away From A Prison Sentence " Percy looked up at his teacher in alarm.

"Is this why you asked me to stay behind? With all due respect sir, I'm not interested in any committing crimes. I already have enough on my plate as it is."

"Well this might help with the load on your plate. From what I heard and researched, your grandfather is a mastermind behind crime, and has manipulate anyone in law enforcement. This very well may become your future, hence why I'm giving it to you." He shrugged.

"You know about my grandfather?"

"I have been friends, practically brothers with your cousin Apollo. We knew each other since as long as I can remember, so yeah I knew about your grandfather for years. He mentioned to me last month he made an appearance. I just haven't connected the dots that you're the same Percy as his cousin Percy until Mr. Brunner pointed it out. And yes he knows the history about of your grandfather as well. He actually plans to speak with you after his class too, just to give you a heads up."

"Just humor me with this request. It details many loopholes in law. Before you ask I've already tried to give this to Artemis who is studying law, but she refused to take anything I give. She hates my guts." Mr. Hermes pleaded.

Percy snorted and took the book from his teacher's hand, "She hates every male, don't take it personally. If that's all you wanted to talk to me about, can you write me a pass? My next teacher will not let me by unless I have a pass."

"Will do. Which teacher do you need to make it out to?" He rolled back to his desk to get the pass form and pen.

"Miss Dodds."

"That old hag still works here? Man, I feel sorry for you. I thought she retired?"

"Unfortunately she hasn't. I have no doubt I'm going to feel her wrath regardless of the pass, especially since that project is due tomorrow."

He hummed in agreement as he scribbled on the pass. He tore the pass out of its pad and gave it to Percy.

"Have a good day Percy. I'll see you tomorrow ."

"You too, see you tomorrow." Percy exited out of the classroom with the book and pass in hand. That was rather strange. He just shrugged the odd encounter off, and made his way to the most despicable class. Percy held his breath in before turning the knob.

"Jackson! You're late again honey." Miss. Dodds growled.

Percy put on a cheeky smile and hand her his pass which she snatched from his grip. She narrowed her eyes at him after reading the pass. She just angrily pointed to his desk. Which Percy graciously followed her silent command.