Chapter 1

Disclaimer I do not own any of the characters or the books

Percy is 15 in this story line.

This story is an AU.

Percy set the last bag on the bed and stared at the pile of suitcases. He ran a hand through his hair, excitement and nerves racked his gut. He could explain the excitement, but the nerves is something he cannot place his finger on. A pair of soft footsteps stopped behind him.

"Percy have you packed?"

"Yes mom I packed everything I need" Percy sighed.

"Oh it won't be so bad, you haven't seen your father for a year." Finding an empty spot on the bed she sat down.

"It's not my father I'm worried about." Sitting beside her, he pulled his arms around his torso.

Sally sighed and pulled her son into a sideways hug. "I'm sure your stepmother will understand you more this summer."

Percy snorted "You say that every year".

"Well you matured this year, and I owe my thanks to Rachel for contributing on your progress".

Percy smiled at the mere mention of his girlfriend's name. There isn't a day where he didn't think of her, and he will miss her dearly. He wouldn't see her for three months. Due to him traveling from California to New York to be with his father.

Its been this way since he was three. Staying with his mother for the school year in California, then flying to New York to stay with his father for the summer. This marks the twelfth year of this tradition.

Percy's family is... well it's complicated. His mother's side is a lot easier to explain. It's just his mom and her recently new husband Paul. It's her only "real" relationship, since only his mother and his father were engaged. and her long-term relationship with "smelly" Gabe ended. Paul is the most fitting for Sally, and he is extremely pleased that his mother has found someone that will stick with her. Paul is also very supportive of him and treats him like his own son.

Percy's fathers side is erm-different. He has four siblings; two sisters and two brothers. They do not get along at all, except for Hestia, it's impossible not to like her. The two brothers had children, and there are only a few that Percy likes. On the subject of his grandparents, he has no idea. He has no memory of them, nor has he heard anything about them. It's like a forbidden taboo topic. He's unsure why that is, but it's a unspoken agreement amongst all of the family.

Getting back on track, his father had a relationship in high school and had a child named Triton shortly after their high school graduation, but broke off their relationship right before his father left for college in California. He met his mother in college then quickly got engaged. Within two years of knowing each other they had him, but when he was three they split up and went their separate ways. His father reunited with his high-school sweetheart and eldest son a few years later. They were married and lived happily ever since.

Percy's stepmother Amphitrite doesn't appreciate him as much as Paul does. She sees her stepson as her-competitor's-son. She treats him nice once Poseidon is around, but the smile disappears when he leaves the room. She never once harmed Percy physically, but if we're counting emotional harm, that's a whole different matter. Percy's half-brother Triton doesn't care about him, Triton pretends that Percy doesn't exist. Honestly, that is a better method than what Amphitrite resorts to. Percy couldn't get too mad at that.

And that ties the bow to the complicated family of Perseus Jackson.

"-I'm sure you and Rachel will stay in touch"

Percy shook the thoughts out of his head, as his mother's voice came through the wall of memories.

"Yeah we talked about it, we stay in touch with texts and FaceTime."

"Good, I will be in touch with you through the same way. Come on. let's get in the car so we can get you to your flight on time."

Sally and Paul helped him load up the car with his luggage. Though they were obviously taking their time, Percy couldn't help but smile at their affectionate ways of showing their love for their son. He himself was also in no rush to put the bags in the car.

After putting the last bag in the trunk, he slowly shut the trunk and took his spot in the backseat behind the passenger seat. Paul got in the driver seat while his mother got into the passenger seat.

They began the journey to the airport. Did he mention it was only four in the morning? His flight leaves at five in the morning. So they were driving in the dark, with the radio playing the eighties music on a low volume.

Percy leaned his head on the closed window, mindlessly gazing at the passing scenery.

"Are you excited to see your cousins ?" Paul suddenly asked.

"Yeah, I'm looking forward to see Thalia, apparently she has something for me. I miss Nico and Jason and look forward to see them as well."

The car grew silent, nothing but the low hum of the music filled the space. Percy sighed and leaned his head back on the car window once more, gazing through the scenery. It wasn't until the vehicle crept on the steep hill that another car to the left of their car swerved and hit them sending the three of them flying off the cliff.

All Percy could remember was hearing the squeal of tires and the crunching of metal. The noise was overpowered by the feeling searing hot pain spreading through his body. The pain was too much for Percy to handle as his vision began to dim into the darkness.

Family Tree:  (mother's name) -Ages:

Rhea's and Kronos' children: Hestia-42, Demeter-40, Hades-38, Poseidon-36, Zeus-35

Zeus's children : Hephaestus-23 (Hera), Apollo-22 (Leto), Artemis-22 (Leto), Ares-19 (Hera), Thalia-16 (Beryl), Jason-14 (Beryl).

Poseidon's children:  Triton-17 (Amphitrite), Percy-15 (Sally). (Mrs. O'Leary-2)

Hades Children:  Bianca- lived to age 12 'she would now be 15',   Nico-13.