Chapter 20

One Week Later

Percy is currently missing his seventh hour Criminal Justice class as he is in the principal's office. Percy sat in a chair with his father sitting besides him. Luke and his mother sat in the opposite corner from them.

Percy cringed as he watched the camera footage. There's no mistaking that Luke shove him down the stairs.

The principal replayed the footage on repeat and Percy couldn't quite look away as he watched himself in fall down the stairs with his crutches flying. He winced at the moment where his head slammed into the wall. He subconsciously rubbed the spot where he hit his head six months ago.

"Miss Castellan, as you can see this isn't made up. Your son has pushed a student who has a physical disadvantage." Mr. Dionysus stated.

"This video was supposedly six months ago, and yet I haven't heard anything about it until now." Luke's mother fought back.

"It wasn't brought into light until just recently, Miss. Castellan. There have been other reports from other students that your son was spotted with olives the same day another student had an allergic attack."

"That means nothing!"

"It does when your son has years of records fighting with that particular student. "

Miss. Castellan stayed silent.

"I spent days combing through Luke's record. I have suspended him before, and it appears that has done nothing as his aggression still permits. Originally it was directed towards one student, but as the video showed that traveled to his brother-"

"Half" Percy grumbled. He flinched as his father kicked his shin to shut up.

"-Half brother. As my previous actions of suspending of your son hasn't provided to be any beneficial to himself, I'll need to take further action. As you saw, your son pushed a student who isn't that mobile down the stairs. He even possibly almost killed another-"

"There wasn't any proof!"

"Possibly. As I just stated, after the last suspension your son hasn't improved. I'll have to expel him from Goode High."

"Expel!"

"Yes, I take matters serious here. It's my top priority that I keep students safe. As you can see your son doesn't have the same motto."

"Forgive me, but this is unjustified! There should be a statue of limitations as this happened six months ago! He shouldn't be punished for something he did over that period of time."

"Miss Castellan, I understand that you're upset for not being notified sooner. We do not tolerate any physical harm at any point of time. Now if we didn't have any video evidence, we probably wouldn't do anything. The whole incident was captured on camera, which is why I'm expelling your son."

"Are you saying if it was done somewhere else such as a bathroom, that you wouldn't take action?" Poseidon voice filled the air for the first time since the meeting started.

"Let me rephrase, Mr. Olympion. We would take action if there was evidence. Evidence which can come in various forms, such as video, witness statements, physical injuries, and sometimes hearsay if it lines up. This incident was captured on film and we're using that as the evidence."