Chapter 4

There wasn't much that Percy could really do other than lay in his bed. If  he went downstairs to watch tv, chances are Triton or Amphitrite would already be down there, and it's pointless for him to try and make conversation. Poseidon is getting slammed with calls with his job about wounded animals being washed up on the east coast. He hasn't been home for a couple of days because of the amount of emergency calls he has been receiving.

School doesn't start until tomorrow. The only thing he could do since the four days he has been here is to lay in bed. No one but his father checked up on him, but that was when he was home three days ago.

Percy sighed and continued to stare at the popcorn textured ceiling. His sides and arms are unbelievably sore from using crutches to get around. His amputated limb is painfully sore, and no one cared enough to bring him up food or water, or have the decency to ask if he was okay. Because loosing a parent is not a walk in a park for anyone, you know. The only thoughts that ran through his head all day were about school.

School. His day was wasted thinking about school. The place he calls hell, run by no one other than the devil themselves and their little demons too. Now that he's living in a new state, he will have to go to another *school*, and be taught by new *teachers*. Plus he knows nobody except for Triton, like he'll be any help, he will ignore him and insist that they're not related. Percy's cousin goes there too, but he doesn't know if he'll fit in with her group. And to put the cherry on top he has one leg, and have to rely on crutches to get around. Absolutely perfect.

Percy rolled his eyes as the thoughts of hell kept pestering him. He glanced towards the digital clock that's standing on his black nightstand. 5:49 p.m, He groaned verbally as well as his stomach groaned for food. He eyed his crutches wondering if it was worth it to go downstairs.

There were two possible outcomes:
1) No one is downstairs and Percy would grab something to eat and head back to his room, before anyone would see him.
2) Amphitrite and Triton will make life miserable by throwing insults about him, while he was stuck there.

Before his mind could come up with a conclusion his stomach answered for him. He grabbed his crutches and started to make his way to the kitchen.

Percy rounded the corner to the kitchen and nobody was there. He smiled at the victory and checked the fridge for food. There were spaghetti, pizza, tacos, breakfast food, stuff to make sandwiches, he grabbed the pizza and started to warm it up in the microwave. He turned to get the ziplock bags, but was startled at the figure standing in the corner.

Triton had his arms crossed with an eyebrow raised. "You were giving me hope that I was having a bad dream, That you were a nightmare and I will wake up and you won't be here, but now I know I'm awake and it's real.

As for tomorrow, I'll drop you off at the entrance to the school early, since I practice everyday at the pool before school. Just to get it straight, you don't know me, and I don't know you, got it? I'm a senior and I don't need you to mess up my last year. I've already made it far being captain of the swim team, and getting recognition with helping sea animals as my job. I don't need to get dragged down by a sad sophomore whose lost his family, and a leg. Just stay out of my way, and I'll stay out of yours. Understood?"

Percy nodded eager to have the lecture over with, a sudden ding from the microwave made him jump, he hobbled to the microwave to get the pizza out, and when he turned Triton was gone.

Percy sighed and grabbed the ziplock bag and put the pizza in it. Then he put corner of the bag in his mouth and made his way upstairs towards his bedroom.

He sat at his desk after leaning his crutches against the wall, he took the pepperoni pizza out of the bag and started to eat it.

Percy guessed that could have gone worse. He would rather run into Triton than Amphitrite. He counted it as a win.