Chapter 21

March

Second Hour

"Is the teacher okay?" Katie asked.

The class stared in shock as Mr. Charon fainted in his seat. They were in the middle of Romeo and Juliet, and in one moment the teacher was ranting on how stupid Romeo was, then the next second he's passed out cold in his seat.

"Maybe this what the juniors and seniors meant when they say the Romeo and Juliet course is wild?" Jake offered.

"Should we call the nurse?" Katie asked.

"It could be a demonstration?" Jake theorized.

"Demonstration of what?" Chris asked.

"Think about it. Romeo thinks Juliet is dead, but she isn't."

"I get that, but what's the purpose of the teacher 'playing dead'? Are we supposed to commit suicide?" Katie asked.

"Now that's the part I don't understand." Jake tapped his pencil on his desk.

Percy snorted, "You usually have bizarre theories Conner and Travis, what are they in this case?" he opened the floor to the brothers.

They remained silent. After the teacher passed out they were quiet, too quiet.

"Travis what is in your hand?" Katie asked noticing their unusual silence.

"I just wanted to see what would happened." Travis muttered.

The whole class turned towards the Stoll brothers. In both of the brothers hands were pomegranates.

"You cannot be serious! Didn't it cross your mind the teacher could be allergic and that's why he explicitly told us not have them in the classroom?!" Katie scolded the brothers.

"I'll go grab the nurse." Percy volunteered getting up from his desk and booking it to the nurse's office. He took the stairs as he hasn't used the elevator since he got used to his prosthetic. He took two stairs at a time going down to reach the nurse's office on the first floor.

Percy burst through the door, "There's a probable medical emergency in room 317."

_________________________
Fourth Hour

"I'm not used to the teacher checking our progress. He's usually preoccupied by the Stolls, but since they're not here, it's a bit jarring." Leo commented after the teacher stopped by their station to check if everything is going according to plan.

"You might want to get used to it. They might not be back for awhile or at all." Percy said.

"What did they do this time?"

"They might have caused a teacher to go into anaphylactic shock."

Leo put his safety googles on top of his head to look at Percy properly, "Did they know if the teacher had an allergy to whatever they brought in?"

"The teacher explicitly said not to bring the food into the classroom, and they brought it anyways to see what will happen."

Leo shook his head, "They either lack common sense, or have the nerves of steel."