Chapter 15

"WE GOT A B!!!" Percy turned his head around to see Annabeth running at him.

He braced himself not knowing what she'll do. To his surprise she wrapped her arms around him in a bear hug.

He stood there with his arms pinned down at his sides staring at her in shock. He wasn't expecting this kind of reaction, especially at this time in the morning.

She broke the hug off with a giant grin plastered to her face, "Since I got 100 percent on all my assignments since the beginning of the semester, the project didn't really affect my final grade. I still passed with an A, and I still have a record of being a straight A student".

"O-okay?" He stuttered not knowing what else to say. He continued to eye her as if she grew an extra head.

Annabeth not noticing or not caring for Percy's bewildered expression, collapsed into one of the chairs Percy was standing by in the cafeteria. "I'm so glad that this is over, and I survived."

Percy followed her suit and sat down in the chair next to her, "Oh you have no idea." He mumbled glad he wouldn't be in her crossfire of fury anymore.

She raised a brow, "Did you say something?"

"Nope".

She shrugged as she unslung her backpack from her shoulders. She was dressed in her usual attire; t-shit, jeans, and sneakers. The only difference is her hair is down when it's usually tied up.

"Did you get anything special for Christmas?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

"My dad bought me a cabin."

She blinked slowly, "Sometimes I forget that you come from a rich family. A whole cabin?"

Percy rolled his eyes, "Yes it's a whole cabin. It was going to get demolished anyways, but the mayor decided to do something else with the taxpayers money. I've visited this cabin many time when my mother-"

He swallowed painfully, "When my mother came up to visit me in the summers. She would rent out that cabin for two weeks when I was in my father's custody."

Annabeth wrinkled her brow in a curious matter, "Didn't it break the custody agreement?"

Percy shot her a look, "How would you know if it did? Anyways it didn't. My father would join us for those two weeks, well he did before he married my stepmother."

She held her hands back in surrender, "I have been friends with Thalia for almost my entire life. You know how she is, a blabber mouth when it comes to drama. I do have my fair understanding of custody agreements  since I been involved with one for over a decade."

He couldn't really fault her when it came to Thalia. Thalia is a magnet when it comes to drama, and she loves to spill it to whoever will listen.

"What about you, did you get anything for Christmas?"

Her whole face lit up, "Yes! I got the whole The Mortal Instruments series. I'm already on the last book."

Percy held back an eye roll, of course she would be ecstatic for books. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Thalia dragging her feet.

"Ughh.. The two weeks are too short." Thalia groaned as she and Jason joined us at the table. Grover and Piper were trailing behind the duo.

Today is the first day back from break, and he didn't think any of them are happy, well maybe Annabeth is.

Grover opened his bag to pull out an apple. He then began to snack on it, "Do any of you have any changes in the schedule?"

It isn't uncommon to have a period change after a semester to accommodate the one-semester only classes.