NINE

PUBLISHED: 22/05/2022
READER'S POV

We arrived at the inn. Finn shut the car off, and took a deep breath.

"Do we have to stay for long?" I inquired, looking at him.

"If Tommy wants us to," Finn replied, making me scowl, "And we've got wedding photos before we eat, so you might want to wipe that ugly look off of your face."

"Shut up before I take off one of my garters and strangle you with it," I threatened, using the rear view mirror to make sure I looked halfway decent.

"How sadistic," Finn commented, making me roll my eyes and get out of the car.

"You'd love every minute of it," I snarked, then hissed at the feel of the street on my bare feet.

I should've went home and grabbed my boots. You wouldn't have even seen them due to my gown.

Finn got out, and we walked into the inn together. He put a hand on the small of my back as a staff member came over and guided us to the area that Tommy had rented out for the reception. Half of the room had tables that were lined with all sorts of food, and circular tables for us to sit at whilst eating. The other half of the room was cleared, most likely being our dance floor. The staff member lead us to a little room past that, where a camera and backdrop was set up.

"Linda's gonna take the photos, then Jeremiah's gonna help us sign the paperwork to make it official," Finn informed me, then the devil herself entered the room.

"Oh, don't you two look lovely," She said in what sounded like a mocking tone.

"Linda, shut the fuck up and don't antagonise my wife." Finn told her abruptly, which made me start sniggering then full on cackling.

She looked at us like Finn had just pulled out his revolver and shot her with it. She huffed, then stomped off, her heels muffled by the carpet floor.

"Right, where's the happy couple?" I heard a voice call out from behind us, making us turn around.

Arthur strutted over, and clapped Finn on the back, and nodded at me.

"Groomsmen first!" Ezzie called out, and Finn moved to go stand in front of the backdrop.

"Finn," I grabbed his arm.

He turned to me, and I quickly looked over him, making sure he was decent.

His tie was askew, so I adjusted it.

"There, now you're okay," I said, making him nod and walk off.

•••
FINN'S POV

I hated this. You and I had to sit at a table all by ourselves whilst we ate. I checked my pocket watch. Exactly half an hour ago we signed the papers to make it official. You were now (Y/N) Shelby. You argued with Tommy for about ten minutes over having to change your name, your brother had to come in and settle you down.

"Can't you eat something instead of pushing it around on your plate?" I scolded you, sick of watching you play around, "My people worked hard to get this food ready."

Johnny Dogs, Curly, and Uncle Charlie had led a team of people to cook for us. I had already finished my food, and was now waiting for you to eat something so you wouldn't be hungry all night.

You rolled your eyes, "I'm not hungry."

"Eat at least the pasta so you have some lining on your stomach for later on," I reasoned, being very familiar with the horrible feeling of drinking on an empty stomach.