THIRTY-SIX

PUBLISHED: 09/07/2022
THIRD PERSON'S POV

As soon as your eyes opened you grinned. You dreamt of babies, mini versions of Finn and mini versions of you running amuck in your house.

Eyes still closed, you reached out, fully expecting to feel your husband next to you, but instead felt the cold sheets of the bed. You looked over, and he wasn't there. Odd. The curtains of the bed were also pinned back, signalling that he had been gone for a bit. You strained your ears for a sign of your husband moving around the bathroom or the closet. You could hear Saoirse's giggles coming closer to your room, and Finn shushing her, telling her that they needed to be quiet.

After a few beats, the door swung open, and the pair came through the open door carrying trays. Finn's tray was filled with food, and Saoirse's had drinks and biscuits on it. The animals trotted in straight after them, single file. You snorted at that sight.

You noticed a paper flower, which had been painted yellow with what looked like watercolour paint, in one of the glasses, making the corners of you lips turn upwards. That would have been Finn's folding skills and Saoirse's painting, for sure. You had given her watercolour paints for her birthday. It was good to know she was using them.

"Surprise! We made you breakfast in bed!" Saoirse announced, grinning.

You bit back a giggle at the sight of her missing tooth. She had a mishap on her play equipment yesterday, tripping and hitting her mouth on a bench, which knocked out a tooth on the bottom, right next to her front ones. You were just glad that it was a baby tooth, and that she didn't bust her lip.

She'd probably have to smile with her mouth closed for the photos today, but you didn't mind.

You shuffled over and helped the pair arrange the trays on the bed.

"Thank you, my darlings," You said to the pair as you settled back down.

"Do I still get money even though the tooth fairy isn't real?" Saoirse asked the pair of you as she poured herself some juice.

Finn looked at you as you piled your plate up with scrambled eggs and bacon, and you nodded.

"Yeah, why not," Finn chuckled, then pointed to the bedside table on the left, "Top drawer. In there's my wallet, you can grab yourself some money."

Saoirse whooped and rolled backwards off of the bed, then jogged around to the other side, opening the top drawer enthusiastically and shifted things around in her search for Finn's wallet. Once she found it, she held it up victoriously, beaming a smile. She moved to open it, but looked at Finn for permission. He nodded, and she opened it, getting herself five pounds, then placing it back in the drawer where she found it. She crawled over the bed to curl up next to you. You hissed as her cold feet hit your arm, immediately causing goosebumps.

"Sorry," She mumbled, wiggling around so her feet were now under the blanket.

"S'Okay," You replied as you passed your sister her plate, which was filled with pancakes.

She immediately started to scarf them down. You rolled your eyes at her behaviour. Anyone would think that you and Finn starve her with the way she was eating.

Finn repositioned himself so he was sitting up straighter, and so his side was tucked into yours. He had a plate full of French Toast, topped off with bananas, ice cream, and honey. He had cut everything up before he brought it up here, saving everyone the task of awkwardly attempting to cut stuff whilst sitting on the bed.