TWELVE

PUBLISHED: 25/05/2022
READER'S POV

Luca dialled the betting den, letting it ring. I strained my ears for any other sounds outside, but I couldn't hear any. The window in the room had been covered with a curtain, and the two other doors in the room had been closed. I noticed about three deadbolts on each door. They had planned to kidnap someone.

"Hello?" I heard Tommy's voice come through the phone.

"Thomas Shelby. I think I have something of yours," Luca greeted, looking straight at me.

"Where's the girl?" Tommy asked coldly, and Matteo shoved me roughly into Luca, who put the receiver to my ear, "And I thought we agreed no fucking kids! She's a kid, Luca!"

"Speak." Luca commanded, staring down at me, "And tell him that you're only means to an end."

"I'm here, Tommy." I muttered into the phone, "And he told me to tell you I'm only means to an end."

"Have they hurt you?" He asked, sounding concerned.

"Only when they grabbed me. I came to not long ago." I informed him, then switched to Shelta, "I don't know where I am. Take care of you and yours and mine, forget about me, I'll be fine."

"Don't be fucking stupid, you and yours are mine now. I'll figure it out. I got you into this mess and I'll get you out." Tommy informed me, making me frown.

"Don't you dare try to find me, watch your back so you don't get hurt!" I snapped, then Luca hung up.

"You heard that boys? Thomas Shelby cares enough for her that he'll come for her. Now, all we have to do is wait until they get sloppy." Luca stated, making the men cheer.

I hoped Tommy's word wasn't his law. If he got hurt, it would bring the whole family down, and everything they did, everything they lost, would all be for naught.

FINN'S POV

I was livid. (Y/N), my wife, was on the phone and Tommy wouldn't even let me speak to her. I wanted to know if she was okay too.

"Let's go for a walk," Arthur commanded, clapping my shoulder and leading me out of Tommy's office roughly.

I followed, knowing that I would only cause trouble if I stayed. I slowed down as I heard the quick tinkling of a bell. Finn Junior. Arthur stopped too, until I felt Finn Junior rub up against my legs, no doubt leaving his grey fur all over my pant legs. Arthur started moving again, albeit slower this time so Finn Junior could keep up with us. He lead me to my house.

"Pack a suitcase, Finny boy," He instructed me.

I walked upstairs and did as he asked, grabbing my suitcase from under the bed and throwing some clothes into it.

"What about (Y/N)'s stuff?" I called back down as the living grey doormat came and jumped up on my bed and started cleaning himself.

"Leave it here, she can pack if she gets back!" Arthur yelled in reply.

"When she comes back." I muttered, heading to the bathroom to grab my toiletries.

I refused to think any other way. They wouldn't want to kill you, to them you shouldn't be an important part of my family, just a traveller girl that got married in.

I threw the rest of my stuff into my suitcase, the stuff that could fit into it anyway. I could always make two trips. I hoped.

I walked back out to Arthur, and he led me across the street to his house, and told me to get into his car. I complied, then helped Finn Junior up, sitting him on my suitcase. He curled up on it and purred as Arthur started the car, driving down the streets of Small Heath, taking us to Artillery Square.