Avangeline

From the Point Of View you've all (hopefully?) been waiting for! I present, Arroyo!

Arroyo
_______________

"Mom?" I stuttered staring almost distantly at the shaky figure. I noticed my paws were shaking. How could this be? Why was she here, I thought she was dead!

She stood up, wobbly at first. But then her eyes met mine. It was like the whole world stopped, right then and there. Green eyes, met green eyes, and I found myself running foreword, and crashing into her embrace. Different feelings flowered up in me suddenly, my heart beat so shakily. Yet an intense longing and happiness seemed bountiful. But what if it wasn't her?

"Mom?" I asked again, still not sure if this was real of not.

"Arroyo?" She said, equally confused.

"Mom, where have you been?" I gasped, feeling my eyes water suddenly from overflow of emotion.

"It's a long story, but I'm so happy you're here, why are you here?" She started licking my head worriedly.

I looked up at her, tears freely running down my face. "I thought you were dead,"

She gave me a empathetic smile, tears of her own pricking up. She hugged me tight, I savored every second of it. This all seemed to good to be true.

"Arroyo, I missed you so much," She said."Where are we?"

"It's a long story," I smiled, she laughed, and I felt my heart spring up in my chest. How good it felt to be with her again.

"Okay, I see how it is, let's go find somewhere warm, and trade stories, alright?" She smiled so wide I thought her cheeks would burst.

I nodded, and started to walk back to our group. Not fully keeping her out of my sight. It seemed so fortunate, I thought she might disappear. She kept step with me though. Xanthos was sitting up when I saw him, and Ostend was staring at me.

"Who are you?" Asked Xanthos.

"Avangeline," She said.

"She's my mother," I said

He stared at me before answering. "That's why you're so happy," then I think he fell asleep.

"Is he okay?" She asked.

I shrugged. "He's been out of it for a couple weeks, I wouldn't count on him waking up for a while," I said.

Ostend fell back asleep. Nobody seemed to phased. It was probably just the lack of food and sleep. Draining everyone's energy and fraying their ends.

"Now tell me why you're here, and where you've been for the last seven years?" I questioned.

Her happy look instantly turned sour, and she seemed to look far away, not fully connected with this world.

"It happened when you were six, Bees came and demanded sacrifice, only the didn't want food. They wanted you, royal blood. Apparently they were so proud of the death of Alexander from the Ice-claws, that they wanted the sons of the other claws." She paused suddenly.

"What?" I asked, worried of her sudden silence.

She took a shaky breath. "Jamboree of the White-claws used to have four kits. I couldn't let them have you, I sacrificed myself. I nearly died, after they were done I was thrown to the Ghosts. I had my mind wiped and then was sent back into the world. I found the Ice-claws and lived with them some time, before we stormed Sound to bring back the heirs. The last things I remember is seeing you, getting my memories back, then darkness. Now I'm here." She finished with a sigh.

I sat quietly, thinking about her words. I suppose they spoke truth. And I forgave her, I did that a long time ago.

"What about you, you're so grown, have you started flying yet?" She asked.

I froze, my breath hitched in my throat. She looked at me, expecting a suitable heir. But what would she think when the second in line could't even fly?

"Yes!" I said, quickly. As soon as the words left my mouth a dagger of guilt shot through my heart. Not even a minute had gone by and I had lied to my mother.

"Oh really? I bet your the best, aren't you?" She smiled brightly.

"I practically flew loops around the others," I sighed, feeling myself sink lower into the hole I dug myself into.

"Well you had me fooled, you wings are so tiny, just like when you were younger," she purred and licked my head.

I bit my tongue, my wings were tiny from misuse. I should have just told her the truth, but how could I? It was simpler this way, right? I just dreaded the moment when the truth actually got out. But for now I was left to wallow in my guilt and poor decision making skills.

Yellow Light (Dragonfly #5)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें