Ignis was Tricked

Feurige returned late that night.

I knew because, as I said, I didn't sleep a wink. I was found a small pond and was staring at the reflection of the stars, dreaming, hoping, that Zara was looking at the same ones.

To my surprise the next person who walked up to me was Jaysen. He seemed to drift over like a ghost. I didn't notice him until he was right over me. It scared the fur off me.

"Zach." He said, after I stifled my scream.

"What?" I questioned, slightly annoyed.

His ears swiveled back. "Look, I'm sorry about a few day ago, I wasn't thinking clearly. This is way more important and I can't figure it out myself. You're my closest friend."

I took a deep breath, trying to clear my mind. This was not how a formidable chief would act.

"I'm sorry too, now what are you taking about?"

"I received another prophecy."

Okay that got my attention. "About the Four?"

"Maybe."

"Well what did it say? Come on don't leave me in suspense!" I egged, wanting him to spit it out.

"The search for family, does begin, he is closer, look within. The one you seek, was born too soon, and bears with him, the curse of moon."

I shivered. Prophecies always gave you that feeling.

"Well what does that mean?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Well, the search for family is probably us looking for the heirs, only we aren't doing that anymore." I huffed, clawing at the ground.

"The one you seek, do think it means Zara?" He inquired again, his voice cracking.

"No, it says 'he', what do you think the 'curse of moon' bit is?"

He shook his head. "This would be a lot easier if we had a Scribe-claw."

The shrubbery a few feet away rustled. Skylark popped out and fell to the ground, half asleep.

"Someone.... said..... Scribe-claw?" She asked wearily.

"How do you do that?" I questioned.

She shrugged. "Call it intuition, did you call me or not?"

Jay cut me off. "We're wondering if you know anything of a curse of the moon."

She brightened. "Of course, there is the Luna Bestia Curse, Curse of the Blood Moon, Blood Born Curse, The Changeling Curse, and Ice Moon Curse."

"Okay, can you give us short description of each of those?" He answered rather dryly.

"Okay, Luna Bestia means you change into something hideous each full moon. The Curse of the Blood Moon only effects Blood-claws, due to their neurological pattern.  The Blood Born Curse effects all claws born early under a Blood Moon-"

"Wait!" I interrupted. "What did you say?"

"The Blood Born curse effects all claws born early-"

"Right there!" I cut her off again.

"The one you seek was born to soon!" Jay gasped.

"Skylark, what happens if you have the Blood Born Curse?" I pleaded.

She tilted her head, like an owl. The starlight glinting off her calico coat. "You have you wings taken away."

I glanced at Jay. "That would explain how he's been hiding from the prophecy."