Fear

If there was one thing Xanthos had loved, it had been flying.

He hadn't told anyone, but the feathers on his wings hadn't grown back from the night Tenebris had clipped them. And now he was scared. Scared that he would never be able to ever fly again.

And then there was the subject of Arroyo's mother. Xanthos had listened in on their conversation, why hadn't Arroyo just admitted he couldn't fly? He was sure Avangeline would have been fine with it.

He shifted in the small ridiculous cage he was being kept in. In the past few hours he had become suspicious of Avangeline, her smile seemed fake to him. Even though she clearly loved Arroyo something was holding her back. He could sense an evil presence surrounding her.

There was a sound from outside and he opened his eyes. Ostend was shoved back into the cage. He looked terrible, shaking limbs and eyes wide with fear.

"What happened?" Questioned Xanthos.

"He... he... did something terrible to me." Ostend shivered.

Xanthos felt chills crawl down his spine. "How terrible?"

"I think.. he took away my powers, he's using them on the wolves, he's going to try to mind control all of them."

"How do you know?"

He shivered again. "It was so strange, when he tried to take my powers, I could sense all of his thoughts. I know his entire plan." The young claw looked up at me with wide eyes. "He plans to awaken the old darkness from before Suka and destroy the earth."

Despite himself, Xanthos chuckled. "Ambitious little bugger, isn't he?"

Ostend didn't say anything, his reply was curling up and falling asleep. Xanthos sighed and leaned back against the wall. Secretly, he held out a hand and used his Magyk.

The wood creaked.

-=---=--=-=-=