19. The One Where They Do IT

This chapter is strictly fan service so it's not relevant to the plot. If you're not into this sort of fan service (which is very obviously stated), you can safely skip it.

🌗🌗🌗

The silence left behind after Jimmy closed the door was loaded. Kay's stomach began to flutter immediately, because she and Kyle were finally alone. In a hotel room which the only other person with full access had left willingly.

"Huh," Kyle said, sounding thoughtful.

"What are you thinking?" Her voice fortunately didn't shake.

"That it's so odd for people to actually give us privacy. It's usually the other way around with them barging in and everything. Welcomed change from Joey and Kelly."

She forced a laugh even if the memory of their best friends walking in on them was still a little mortifying. "You're right. It's a welcomed change."

"Jimmy and Jessie are like the anti-Jelly."

That really go her laughing and Kyle grinned at her in that mischievous way she loved so much. Then his look turned tender and she was sure she would dissolve into a puddle.

"You must be exhausted. You should go settle in."

"Settle in?" The question was out before she could help it.

"Yeah. Unpack, wind down. Maybe take a shower?"

She nodded out of reflex. Then, when he raised his eyebrows expectantly, she realized she had to actually move. So she did, back into the bedroom part, her brain working overtime.

Why was he doing this? Was she crazy for wanting to jump him right away? They had been apart for over six months. Maybe they needed to talk, ease into things. Why didn't this bedroom have a door and just a dumb archway? What if Jimmy and Jessie returned in the most inappropriate time? Why was she even thinking about this?

Take a shower...

She should've given him the same answer she had at Tanner Ranch when he'd suggested a shower. She was really curious what his answer would be now. Would he still stare at her as if she were insane or bring her into the shower himself?

Head pounding, she opened up her suitcase. Was was she even supposed to be looking for in there? Pajamas? She didn't want to go to sleep. Her hands wrapped around the silver fabric of her prom dress. Even if she'd packed lightly, she couldn't leave it behind. It held too many precious memories. They all involved Kyle touching her. Yeah, this could work.

She stepped into the bathroom and slipped into the dress. Then she combed her hair, wishing she could pin it up again like she had at prom, but she didn't have the time or the patience because she really wanted to see his face. Pick up where they'd left off when they were so rudely interrupted by lying and psychotic adults.

When she stepped out, all ready, her heart beat so loudly, she could feel it against her ribs.

"You want to go to sleep?" she asked casually.

"Depends on what you want," he said from the other room. His voice sounded even, but slightly resigned as if he was ready to accommodate her, even if he wanted something different.

Yep, he would let her sleep if she claimed she was tired. She had other plans. Like making up for changing out of that dress in the first place. Kelly had been right. She should've kept it on until the end of prom. It would've been much easier to take off than jeans.

"I want to show you something."

"What?" He appeared in the doorway.

His jaw dropped as he took her in from head to toe. His dark blue eyes seemed to light up as the corners of his lips lifted into a smile.