37. Happy Ending

To be honest, even if Kay had always dreamed that she and Kyle would get a happy ending, being in Paris had exceeded her expectations.

The warm spring sun caressed her skin as she lay face down on the bed, hugging her pillow. The window of their tiny studio was open, letting in the breeze together with the sounds of a new day. From her position, she could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance as well as the blooming vines that hung over the door to their balcony.

Their tiny studio was perfect, with a view to die for and everything they could ever need. But what made it perfect was them, the fact that it was their place.

Kyle ran his fingers along her bare skin. It only made her smile as she kept her eyes on the view from their window. His fingers were replaced by his lips as he trailed kissed from the back of her neck, down her spine. Her smile broadened and she closed her eyes. Yes, this is what heaven felt like.

"What are you thinking, sweetheart?" he mumbled into her skin.

"Nothing special. Just that I'm very happy. You?"

He chuckled. "If we had time for more than this before Maman shows up."

She giggled, too. She would've been disappointed if they hadn't just gotten down and dirty maybe twenty minutes ago. Time was a lot less important when there was so much of it.

Sure, they'd all gotten jobs once they'd settled in in Paris, but they were the easy type. She thought English as a private tutor for the sons and daughters of a few respectable Parisians. Sophie had enough people interested in something like that to help her out.

Jessie worked in a hospital, assisting doctors and nurses. At first, she was a volunteer, but as she got better at what she did, they gave her a part time shift.

Kyle and Jimmy had a variation of jobs working as baristas, bartenders, bouncers, or whatever other odd jobs they could pick up. It paid enough for all of them to handle themselves even without Sophie's help, even if she continued to bring them food and teach them French.

Kay had to admit she loved the language. Sophie's accent was so soothing, and she loved the fact that Kyle had picked up the language with no difficulties. He sounded so damn sexy when he spoke French. He also had a perfect accent which might have been due to growing up around people who spoke it right.

She was doing fairly well herself, and Kyle seemed to really like her whispering sweet nothings in French.

That was something else she loved about being in Paris, living on their own. They had all the privacy they could ever ask for. And they needed a whole lot of that.

"What do you think?" he asked, kissing her behind the ear.

"I think I wish we die have time, but I seriously doubt it. Sophie is always right on time."

"Darn Maman and her good habits," he mumbled, pulling her against him.

The feel of his skin had her fully agreeing with him. It was amazing how this never got old. If she could, she'd spend eternity in that bed with him.

But, alas, the doorbell interrupted them, like they knew it would.

"We're naked," Kyle called out. "Give us a few seconds."

"You don't have to say that every time." She reached back and slapped his shoulder.

"Well, it's true like 90% of the time so it's justified I use it," he said, reaching out for his jeans and pulling them on.

Kay grabber the flowery dress she'd had on last night and pulled it over her head, biting back her grin. "We're ready."

"That's the only reason I still ring the doorbell," Sophie said, coming in with a basket of pastries.