One Of Those Days

'This is fine, totally fine.' Dick thought as he stared up at the ceiling from where he laying on his bedroom floor.

He turned his head and looked at the walker and cane that were beside his bed, just a couple feet from him.

Tools he neglected to use when he tried to get up to get the pitcher of water on his dresser. Tim left it there by mistake and it would seem Dick's stubbornness was starting to come back.

He glared at the hated objects for a moment before turning his head back to stare at the ceiling.

'Yep. Totally fine.'

He blew a piece of hair out of his face.

'Boring though... oh man whoever finds me is gonna freak!'

And he didn't even fall because his legs buckled, no that hasn't happened for nearly two months now, not since the last fall when he was working with Bruce...

And finally got sense knocked into him. Nope, he fell because he tripped.

Yeah. On none other, than his yearling dog.

There was a slight snuffle beside him before a black, fluffy face peers down at him.

"Hello Zitka."

Dick stares up at his dog with a serene look on his face and reaches up to stroke his fluffy ears. Zitka however, merely whines before curling up at his side and lays his head on Dick's stomach.

"It wasn't your fault Zitka."

It really wasn't, Dick didn't even know Zitka was in the room with him. He had spent the last ten minutes carefully raising himself up and positioning his legs over the bed. 

Tim had accidentally left the pitcher of water on Dick's dresser near his bathroom door and Dick had already drank the remaining water in his cup. Initially, he had tried to will himself back to sleep but his dry throat was preventing him from doing so.

After a quick glance at his alarm clock, he nearly groaned in frustration. It had only been 5:00am, Alfred wouldn't be around to check on him until 7:00am.

Well... he had been making progress and he was a lot more steady...

So he could probably get some on his own.

But he didn't anticipate the jet black dog laying just a foot from his own feet on the ground. He had hoisted himself up carefully and made a move for the walker. But as he attempted to stretch out his leg muscles, his right foot bumped into Zitka, causing Dick's feet to falter leading to, well...

The situation they were currently in.

It had to have been at least an hour, sunlight was peeking in through the large windows overlooking the terrace. At least now he could see.

He lifted his head up and glanced at the dresser, at the silver pitcher of water that now seemed to be mocking him as the sunlight reflected off the shiny surface. He couldn't help the eye roll as his head slowly went back down to the carpet. 

Well at least it couldn't get any--

*rumble*

Dick let out a groan and ran a hand over his face.

'Ah damnit...'

He set a gentle hand on Zitka's face before gently tapping a finger twice on his snout, causing the young dog to look up at his master.

Dick met his gaze and starting speaking to him firmly but calmly.

"Zitka, get Alfred."

Zitka flicked an ear before quickly getting up and trotting out Dick's room, tail held high.