Progress?

The entire hospital had a light feeling to it today.

Parents and entire families were swarming the entrances, they were called as soon as the sun rose this morning.

The attending staff isn't entirely sure what happened...

But all the children of wealthy families suddenly became very ill. But now... well today they were all showing signs of improvement.

Although they're not sure exactly what happened they have to assume the logical cause.

A child got sick with a horrible virus that soon passed it on to the other kids of that neighborhood.

Was it a stretch? Kind of, considering they don't even know what the kids were sick with but at the moment it was the only logical conclusion they could come up with.

But in anyways, the children all seemed fine now.

Today, they could finally go home. As soon as those door opened, the families swarmed the desk of the children's wing, trying to get to their child.

The attending nurses and doctors were more than happy to help them with that.

But on the other side of the hospital... there was a family that wasn't happy at all.

Bruce was with Dick again, but this time he brought Tim with him.

The boy wouldn't say anything the entire time. He just sat in the closest chair and stared at his brother.

Bruce was silent in the chair next to him and only looked up when Wally entered the room, dragging a foldable chair with him.

James was quick to follow him, immediately going to Dick's side.

"Is something wrong?"

James looked at Bruce before slightly shaking his head.

"Not sure... our monitors set off an alarm. His breathing is starting to pick up."

Tim's head jolted and he turned to look at the doctor, uttering the first words he's said in four hours.

"Is he waking up then?"

The doctor looked thoughtful, staring hard at his patient's face.

"Maybe..."

A moment passed by and James looked at the monitor before taking Dick's wrist, checking his pulse.

Just to make sure...

"His heart rate is starting to speed up. So yes... I think he might just be waking up today!"

A low groan came from Dick's throat and then his fingers twitched.

Bruce quickly stood up from his chair.

"Richard?"

Now his eyelids twitched.

Tim stood up now too and walked to his other side, carefully grabbing his hand.

Dick's breathing hitched, almost as if he was surprised, before his head moved slightly.

"Come on now..." murmured the doctor.

"You're so close!"

His eyes twitched again and everyone in the room held their breath.

A few seconds passed before his eyes twitched again while a groan flew past his lips again.

And slowly, two tiny slits of blue were seen by those in the room.

There were gentle sighs all around before the slits closed for a moment.

Then they opened again, a little bigger this time.

The doctor set his hand on Dick's forehead.

"Can you hear us, Richard?"

"...da..."

The doctor furrowed his brows.

"What?"

Quickly, Bruce spoke up.

"He said 'yes'. He spoke in Romanian... it's his native language."

Alright...

"I'm going to move the bed up a bit, is that okay Richard?"

"...da..."

He slowly moved the bed up so that he was sitting up a little.

"Are you in any pain?"

"...mele cap..."

James looked back at Wayne.

"He... he said his head."

"Understandable. Richard, it's clear you understand English. But can you still speak it?"

Dick looked at him blankly and then looked at the others in the room.

He was trying to think...

"...nu..."

A sigh was heard from Wayne.

"He said no."

The doctor sighed but smiled gently at Dick's confused face.

"Alright then. We'll get you some pain medicine. After you settle in a bit we'll have to run some tests, okay?"

"Bine..."

James looked over at Wayne.

Bruce in return nodded, confirming that Dick was okay with it.

After the doctor left the room was silent again.

Wally, Bruce, and Tim were all focused on Dick.

He on the other hand was trying to look anywhere but in their direction.

He was so confused.

He understood English. His thoughts were still in English!! So why couldn't he speak it?!

"Imi pare rau..."

Wally quickly shook his head. (Wally and Tim understand his language too, at least mostly.)

"There's nothing to be sorry about dude. You saved that whole family!"

Dick finally turned to look at him.

"...sunt ei bine?"

"Yeah, they're all okay. Barely even minor burns."

That seemed to calm him a bit, and he leaned back into his pillow.

A moment passed in silence until James came back into the room.

"This might pinch a little..."

He entered the IV into his arm and set the bag on the rack.

The relief on Dick's face was immediate.

"You will likely feel drowsy as a result of the medicine. Don't try to fight it..."

So he didn't.

Within moments his eyes were closing once again.