Chapter 10

Aiden's POV

Today was not the day to give Elizabeth a chance, Aiden thought.

He'd received reports early this morning that three of his best pack warriors who were gathering information on the Everdale pack had been kidnapped. He couldn't contain his anger, destroying the contents of his bedroom like it represented Everdale and all it's mutts.

This was his fault. He'd sent them. His thirst to destroy their rival enemy clouded his judgement, three of his pack members were now locked in chains being tortured for information.

Aiden knew there was no point in sending people to rescue them, they'd already be dead by the time they'd reach the pack.

They'd be sent their bodies mutilated and disfigured by the end of this week. The thought made him physically sick.

He didn't know why he'd bothered turning up to school, but he had to admit it was better than venting his frustrations against his room.

Spending twenty minutes with Elizabeth at recess was unbearable with his pack's dead bodies haunting his mind.

He hated himself for the thought, but he was honestly considering trading Elizabeth to save his pack warriors.

His wolf put a stop to that before Aiden could actually consider it.

The problem was that he didn't know her worth to the Everdale pack. According to the others, she'd only briefly talked to the notorious Henry Castill, she didn't know him personally.

He slams his fist against the brick wall, along the hallway the pain doing nothing to clear his mind. It was empty, most of the students were in class and the one's who skipped were probably loitering behind the sports shed.

Skipping English class had been a smart idea, he'd rather walk along the hot coals of hell than spend 45 minutes with her alone in class.

He didn't know why the moon goddess had paired him with someone who'd was from Everdale.

Talking to Donovan yesterday, giving Elizabeth a chance seemed so simple, but since this morning the thought of rejection burned at the edge of his mind.

Walking with clenched fists, he heads to the library. All he wanted to do was go to the forest and run until his lungs caved in and collapsed but the chance of encountering Jasmine was too high.

And she was the last person he wanted to deal with today.

He releases a long held sigh, as he enters the library. He could hide at the back for a period and pretend this was his designated study period.

Mates had been rejected before, but it often brought great shame to the pack if the Alpha rejected his mate. However his pack would understand, she was human and her allegiances still belonged to Everdale.

He didn't want to be thinking about this today. Every time he thought of Elizabeth only reminded him of his mistake.

Gritting his teeth, he pushes his thoughts of her to the back of his mind. He would deal with her and the issue of rejection over lunch. Grabbing his unfinished homework from his bag he grabs out his pen and starts question one.

...

Lizzie's POV

English went faster than Lizzie originally thought, in the end she was glad that Aiden didn't attend. She'd managed to write a few pages of notes and complete tonight's homework.

Even though he hated her, Lizzie couldn't ignore the undeniable pull she felt towards him.

Something was seriously wrong with her.